Friday, December 29, 2006

Pearl Ex Mixed Bouquet

Unfortunately, I covered the back design with the large floral images in the front.

This instruction is for the back design although you can't really see it.

When using Pearl Ex. . .you need to have a medium that will allow the powder to adhere. I've read that Future Floor Wax (yes, regular floor wax) is a great medium to use with Pearl Ex.

In this case, I used Gum Arabic which works in the same way.

Materials

Stamp of any sort. I used the Mixed Bouquet set.
Veramark ink
Dark cardstock. I used Baroque Burgundy.
Gold embossing powder
Heating tool
Pearl Ex. I used Forever Blue.
Gum Arabic
Watercolor brush

Instructions

Stamp your image randomly on to the dark cardstock.

Apply gold embossing powder then heat it with the heating tool.

Dip the watercolor brush into gum arabic.

Pick up a small amount of Peal Ex.

Color in the images and repeat the steps until all of the images are fully colored.

The results are a beautiful shimmery elegant design.

Design the front as you desire. In this case I used ballet blue and eggplant envy dye ink for the flowers. I covered the flowers with Versamark and heat embossed the image with clear embossing powder. I then cut out the image and mounted them on to the stamped background.

I matted the image on to more mustard cardstock then distressed the edge.

To add a little texture and embellishment, I pierced the edge of the mats with piercing needle.

The base card was rubberstamped flowers using more mustard dye ink onto the same colored cardstock.

This card took about 45 minutes to create because coloring in the images with Pearl Ex took some time but the results are worth it.

Until later. . .

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |