Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Essence of Love Cards

Hi Everyone! Oh, my goodness! I, seriously, love the SU "Essence of Love" stamp set. This is the first time I've inked this set and I'm in love! LOL! It's such a pretty stamp set! It's a good thing I decided to buy it because well, it's no longer available for sale. It was part of the last SU mini catalog!


I didn't even really like it when I first saw it in the catalog but when it comes to the mini catalogs, I do try to buy what I can in the case I change my mind and can no longer purchase them. LOL! I don't often like my cards. . .you're like "what!, don't you post cards you like and want to show your blog readers?". . .the truth. . .no, I post ALL the cards I make whether I think they're ugly or not. I'll even post my messed up cards. Why? Well, if I even took 5 minutes to make the card, it's 5 minutes of my time and regardless of the results, I feel it deserves to be on my blog. Time is precious so I can't waste the card being tucked away because I'm ashamed of how it looks! LOL!

BUT. . .there are moments when I actually "really" like the card I've made and this is one of them! There's nothing really special about it but for whatever reason I really like it. . . I think it's the image that I like about it.


Card Details:

Stamps: SU Essence of Love
Paper: K&Co designer paper (I think), SU Baroque Burgundy, Pretty In Pink, and Regal Rose, River Rock cardstock
Ink: Baroque Burgundy, Close to Cocoa
Accessories: Stickles, Organdy ribbon, large silver brads, SU Word Window Punch, Paper Piercer, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" punch


Instructions:

  • Using a sponge dauber, I "rubbed" dye ink directly on to photo paper. Yes, photo paper! I rubbed SU Green Galore ink to the bottom half and Regal Rose to the upper half.

  • I then inked the Essence of Love image with SU Close to Cocoa to the bottom half of the image and Baroque Burgundy to the upper half then stamped it over the sponged photo paper. While the image was still wet, I heat embossed clear embossing powder to the image.

  • I then applied Stickles to parts of the flowers. I stamped the butterfly images with baroque burgundy ink on to Pretty in Pink cardstock then cut the image out. I then applied Stickles to the butterflies and mounted them on to the main image.

  • The rest of the card is well. . .self explanatory!

Because I liked the design, I decided to CASE my own card!! LOL! The card is basically similar in design as the first card above. For this card I used Cool Caribbean, Brocade Blue, and Close to Cocoa color combo and the designer paper is by DCWV.


Do you post all your cards regardless of the results or do you post only cards that you like? Just wondering.


post signature

30 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Wow, love both of your cards, can see why you fell in love with the stamp set.

Linda Stamps said...

wow I just love this! Thanks for sharing.

Crafty Connie said...

Both cards are absolutely gorgeous!

2 Worlds said...

I like this set too, and as a miracle was not that expensive
Great great cards

Cindy Haffner said...

These are so beautiful and rich, I love how you use color.

Dawn Easton said...

Beautiful cards Maria...wow! They are stunningly gorgeous girl! I LOVE that stamp set too!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Beautiful cards Maria! I love that set. Love the colors you used on both cards! TFS!
I gave you an award on my blog. Check it out. :o)

Basement Stamper said...

Gorgeous cards! I love the cool caribean one!

Tracy.H said...

These are so beautiful, Maria! Now I wish I had gotten that set. ;0)

specialcraftmom4 said...

I love these cards!!!! You did a wonderful job with the design and color (:

BA said...

wow maria this is so beautiful, the colors are my favorate I love this card!!!
bye BA

Rosasblancas said...

¡¡¡¡¡¡Preciosas!!!!!!!

Catherine said...

OMG, Maria!!!! Both versions are stunning! I'm totally casing!!!!

Craft Girl ! said...

Very cute, thanks for sharing with us all in blog land !

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Ohhhhh! I was in love with the first one, but I have to marry the second one. How fickle am I hey? It's the turquoise that gets me every time. I have to admit that I didn't like that set either, until NOW! :0) SO pretty! I post everything I make. I'm with you, it takes time. It's gotta go on the ol' blog. How else are we supposed to post so often? Make a million cards? ;0)

Rachele Funk said...

WOW!

Jules said...

I haven't been around for a while but I see that you are still making beautiful cards as always! This is a sketch that I must do!!!!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Totally awesome cards. They are both so lovely!!!

Tonniece said...

Ohhhh wow these cards are so pretty. What a great technique.

TFS

CreativeMish said...

both cards are so pretty! I love that stamp!

CreativeMish said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Maria, your cards are beautiful. I am going to try that technique. I too love this set & made sure I had it before the catalog went out. In fact, I believe it is more versatile than ‘Fresh Cuts’. If I want to I can use a script background to make it more like Fresh Cuts.

Ila said...

Both cards are Beautiful!! I love the colors, techniques..stamps ...everything!!

Anonymous said...

Both of your cards are beautiful, I especially like the blue one.
JoAnn iluvscrapping@iwon.com

Patsy said...

These cards are beautiful. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such sweet comments.

Little C's Creations said...

I know why you love this set, because you make it look so pretty. Love both cards. I have really got to use your layouts..... you are still the bomb girlfriend!!

have a happy 4th weekend.

hugs,
Jen

Wanda said...

Fabulous card and I LOVE the layout. TFS

kathleenh said...

Fabulous sketch Maria! I want to give this one a try. Beautiful cards you made with this sketch. I especially love the second one. I just love the blues and browns together.

Anonymous said...

I love this card, love the colors and how the colors of the stamp blend together, beautiful job!

Marie said...

Beautiful Cards! I can't wait to try this sketch tomorrow! Don't forget to check it out. I should have it posted at around lunchtime.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |