Friday, August 15, 2008

Little Star Boy Card




Good Morning, Everyone!! I wanted to challenge myself this morning. . . what's the challenge?. . . Create a "boy" card! Argggh! When it comes to boy or masculine cards, I'm design challenged. I always feel that you can't add ribbons or blings on boy/masculine cards. . .and I can't control myself so I end up adding something girly. I guess it's not a rule not to add blings, frills, and such on a boy card but I can see a boy receiving one with them on saying "ewwww, it's a girl card!" LOL!

You know boys and men. . .they have to be macho and all, well. . .unless they are a bit on the metro side or gay. LOL!!

Anyway. . .I managed to make a boy card without ribbons, flowers, hearts, or anything girly. . . .well, unless you count the scallops as girly!!

I colored the image using my Copic Markers. . .nothing much else to the card.


Card Details:

Stamps: Uptown Rubber Stamps, Inkadinkado (sentiment)
Paper: SU Bliss Blue, Brilliant Blue, Ballet Blue, DCWV designer paper, Red cardstock (unknown)
Ink: Copic Markers, SU Brilliant Blue
Accessories: SU Photo Corner Punch, Marvy small star punch, Nestabilities Classic Oval Die


4 comments:

Little C's Creations said...

this is so cute, maria! you challenged yourself, and did an excellent job!!! i have a hard time creating boy cards too.

hugs,
Jen

Rita said...

Oh my Gosh!!! I luv it, it's so adorable & you did a fantastic job with the colors too! A great boy card Maria, I think you aced this one girl!

Risa said...

You did a fantastic job with this card Maria! Male theme type cards are difficult, but you pulled it off and I love the colors, image and the stars...very cool!

CreativeMish said...

great sketch! Cute little bear! I need to get these oval nestabilities

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |