Sunday, October 4, 2009

SCS World Card Making Challlenges WCMD09A WCMD9B


Hi Friends! Any of you participated or are participating in the World Card Making Day Challenges on SCS? Well, I decided to play along but it didn't quite work out yesterday so I'm doing a bit of catch up today. You have until midnight EST to complete and upload your cards.

Here is the challenge master thread. There are prizes being given out by different vendors. . .hopefully, I'll win something. . .:)

Anyway. . .this card is for the Crafty Secret Challenge WCMD09B . The challenge is to make your card "pop". . .basically, make a 3D card. I don't have any Crafty Secret stamps so I decided to use my SU "A Rose is a Rose" stamp set.

I basically stamped the rose on card stock and vellum then cut out parts of the image and layered them with the the top of the flower mounted with foam tape. I also added a SU Filigree brad to give the card a little more dimension.

Card Details:

Stamps: SU A Rose is a Rose
Paper: SU designer paper, Pretty in Pink, Bravo Burgundy, Sahara Sand
Ink: Bravo Burgundy, Pretty in Pink
Accessories: SU Filigree, Satin ribbon, Nestabilities, SU Finial Press, Stickles Glitter


This card is for the Unity Stamp's Challenge WCMD09A. The challenge is to create a card with a quote being the primary image. I have a few Unity Stamp stamps so I decided to use it for my card.

I basically stamped the flower image with SU Pixie Pink ink and the sentiment with Chocolate Chip ink. I also added a bit of Stickles glitter to the flower. I also added Dew Drops that you can find at Little C's.

Anyway. . .I'm just about done with my third card.

Hope y'all are having a wonderful Sunday!!

Card Details:


Stamps: Unity Stamps June KOM Perfect in Every Way
Paper: SU Parisian Summer (I think), SU Bravo Burgundy, Pixie Pink, Pretty in Pink
Ink: SU Chocolate Chip and Pixie Pink
Accessories: CB Embossing Folder, Organdy ribbon, Nestabilities, Stickles Glitter, Dew Drops

11 comments:

Ida said...

Maria both of these cards are wonderful but I've got to say that Rose card is really stunning!

Danni said...

Wow...these are stunning!! So gorgeous!

Angela S. said...

these are beautiful.. I really love the rose card.. And that bow is beautiful..

Sheri Gilson said...

Gorgeous cards Maria!!

Cami said...

WOW! Maria, these two cards are just beautiful and I love the way you made that rose pop with the stickles! I love those colors also as they are so vibrant! Your cards surely pop off the page! Have a great week! Cami

de said...

These are beautiful Maria! Sorry I've been so vacant! I love the colors you used together and the pop of those flowers! Amazing!

Norine said...

love them both as always the colors are so pretty great job
Hugs
Norine

Monika/Buzsy said...

Beautiful cards Maria! Love the gorgeous colors, layers... great images. TFS!

Little C's Creations said...

These cards are gorgeous!!! Very pretty!!!

doris said...

Gorgeous cards Maria... Wow!!

Hugs
Doris xx

Teri said...

Love both of your beautiful cards! So much details, I love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |