Thursday, December 16, 2010

Wine Bottle Tag Cards Template SVG File

Hey Friends! It's me again! Wow, I can't believe it but I've been feeling seriously creative the past few days but the fun thing is I've been doing different things. Honestly, I was getting a bit tired of creating the same thing day in and day out. Creatively, it felt like a crazy monotonous routine that I've been going through for the past year and it sort of stopped being fun. So to change things up a little, I decided to learn new things such as jewelry making, crocheting, sewing, photography techniques, etc. to add to my routine. One day, I feel like crocheting, the next day paper crafting, the next photography, etc. I now feel a sense of renewal and excitement with crafting.

Okay, enough of my blah, blah. . .yesterday I decided to create a bunch of wine bottle tag/cards. I actually created more but I'll share it on another day. I created an SVG file/template and cut the tag shape on my Cricut. I posted the file below.

I live in a town that has at least 20 wineries and it's all about wine, wine, wine! Seriously! Unfortunately I don't drink alcohol so I don't get to enjoy all the hoopla. There are a few wineries that have mini craft fairs on a weekly basis so I was thinking maybe I'll see if I can sell a few crafty stuff there this Spring and I think the wine bottle tags may be popular at the wineries. . .well, I'm hoping it will.

The design is very simple. I wanted the design to be a bit more elegant so I avoided anything cutesy. The customers at the wineries are primarily in their 30s and older and usually they have a more refined taste so I felt something vintage looking would be more appropriate for them.

I used my Stampin Up stamps to stamp the images.

This one is a masculine tag/cards. . . very simple, nothing with frills. I decided to not add a sentiment so it can be given to anybody. I was thinking that I'll stamp a bunch of different sentiments and give the customers an option to choose a sentiment and I'll stick them on for them if they want.

Anyway, I hope these tags will sell well at the wineries.


Click on the image to download the template for hand cutting


Click on the image for the SVG file

**when cutting the file, resize the width to 2.75" (keep proportions). I did create the file at that size but for some reason when I open the file on my SCAL2, it resizes the width to 3" or so. It's okay to cut it at any size actually depending on how large and how wide you want it but in my photos, the width of the tag/card is 2.75".

**I attached a folded card stock measuring 2.5 x 4.5" and attached it to the the wine bottle tag to create a tag card. It's not necessary but I wanted to add a card feature to the tag.

Anyway, try it out. It's an easy project. . .:) That's it for today. . .hope you all having a fabulous Thursday!!!

2 comments:

Jamie M. said...

Love these tags. Thanks so much for sharing. I will be using this file someday. http://craftygirl21.blogspot.com/

Sweet Caroline said...

I just started following your blog. I love this idea! Is the svg file still available for this?

Thank you!
Caroline
liner89 at yahoo dot com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |