Thursday, September 24, 2026

Rose Thank You Cards




Hello Friends.  I recently started working on organizing my garage and I came across 3 additional containers of wood mounted rubber stamps.  I had already unmounted 170 Stampin Up sets and I thought I only had 2 containers remaining of random wood mounted stamps to unmount.  I was a bit shocked that I had 3 additional full containers of rubber stamps.  I was looking through them and it brought back memories of when I first started blogging and really getting into card making.  It felt a bit nostalgic.

I then started looking at all the craft stuff I have and a realization came to me that I will never in this lifetime be able to utilize all the things I have.  It sort of gave me a bit of anxiety and a renewed motivation to really start using them.  It would be such a waste to not have enjoyed using all the beautiful craft items I have.

I've been to a lot of garage sales where crafters were trying to get rid of their craft stuff because they are no longer interested in the hobby or a loved one has passed away.  I am always shocked at the shear volume of things that are put up for sale for a fraction of what they originally purchased them for.  There was one seller who acquired her neighbor's paper craft stuff because her neighbor was moving into a nursing home.  She was selling at least 20 containers full of scrapbook paper.   Not to mention all the dies, stamps, and even Copic Markers that were being sold.  This same lady also had jewelry making things, containers full of beads, etc.  It made me think of all the things I have and it started to make me feel a bit anxious about it. It made me feel that I really need to get cracking on creating more projects.  I don't want my daughter to have to go through the burden of having to try to sell all my stuff when I leave this Earth.



Anyway. . .just a little info about the cards I made a few days ago.  The images are by Stampin Up.  Again, a retired set.  I rubbed a card stock with dye ink then stamped the image on top of it.  It's faster than trying to color the images with Copic markers.  It took a minute or two to complete the coloring of the image.  To design the base I embossed a white card stock.  It was pretty quick to make these cards.




I also created a Thanksgiving card and tag which I'll share on my next post.  Have a wonderful Thursday.  Until next time 💓



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |