Monday, March 19, 2007

Random Card - 30 Minute Card

I finally woke up with a clear head. No more stuffy head, no more headaches!! I still have a productive cough but other than that, I feel like I'm back to normal. Oh, I feel so free and so ready to return to making cards and stuff!



I'm so proud of myself. I actually made this card within half an hour. Typically, it takes me an hour to make a card. . .not because I do anything complicated, it's just I can't focus on what I'm doing. I usually stop at least 3 times in the middle of making a card and do something else. Before I know it, the card is sitting on my desk incomplete and at the end of the day, I've made only one card.



Well I've been a good girl and stuck to making the card from start to finish without getting off my chair and doing something else.



Using a double slot rectangle punch, I created a series of punches along the edge of scrapbook paper and thread a ribbon through the slots. I then layered the scrapbook paper on to a pale plum cardstock and using Fiskar scallop template, I created the scalloped edge. Using a lavender gel pen, I added dots to the edge to match my ribbon.





The stamped image is actually one stamp image. I stamped the image twice, one using pale plum ink and stamped another one using really rust. I cut the bottom sentiment inked with really rust and remounted it using dimensionals on to the image stamped with pale plum. I did this to give the image a contrasting color blend rather than just one flat color and to also give it a 3D appearance.


Card detail:

Stamp set: Best Bar Codes
Paper: Close to Cocoa, Pale Plum, Orchid Opulence, DCWV Scrapbook Paper
Ink: Pale Plum, Really Rust, Sakura "Souffle" 3D Gel Pen
Accessories: Dashes, Dots & Checks ribbon, Fiskar Scallop Template, McGill Double Rectangle Punch



Until later. . .

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |