Sunday, November 25, 2007

House Mouse Christmas


Hi Everyone! I made two cards with the same design but with one card, I covered the tree with "Decoart Snow Writer" and covered it with glitter. I bought the snow writer at Michaels. They're located in the fabric dimensional paint section. It has a puffy snowy look to it. It dries fairly quickly.


The stamp is by Stampabilities - House Mouse series. I colored the image using pastels on glossy card stock and shaded a few areas using SU markers and an aquapainter.



This is different but the same. With this card, I used regular clear glitter to cover the tree. Everything else about the card is the same.

I think I prefer the puffy snow on the first card. What do you think?

I heat embossed the snowflake background and the sentiment with white embossing powder so that they tie in with the snow on the tree.

I'm going to be busy in the next few days and may not be posting for a few days. If I have time, I'll post any new cards or projects that I create.


I created a few tutorials on my Card Inspired blog site. Stop by and check them out if you haven't done so yet.





11 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Both cards are beautiful, love the glitter and the snow writer is fantastic, what a great idea.

Rita said...

Awwww, these cards are so dang cute!!! Love these mice!

Tracy.H said...

I love Housemouse and this one is just too cute! I am gonna have to look for that pen! Thanks. :0)

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Toooo cute, Maria. I like house mouse too. That green is very eye catching. The sketch is awesome too.

Bonnie Weiss said...

Mice in our house, terrifies me and yet these stamps are just too darn cute! Both cards are striking, Maria...glitter or snow.

tyrymom29 said...

WOW .......I love these cards ...House mouse are great !!!!!! TFS!!!

Diane said...

Sweet!!!!!!They're just too cute!!
Love your colouring!!

Jules said...

So cute I love those little house mouse buggars!

michelle sturgeon said...

I love your House mouse cards!

Risa said...

I love your House Mouse cards and the snow effect is awesome! I like the glitter too, but I love the snow.
malieta:)

Sonya said...

lOve all of your little mice....I think the House Mouse and Happy Hoppers are my favorite stamps.

Nice job and I love how you give us a card sketch to go along with your cards.

Keep up the awesome job.

Sonya

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |