Thursday, March 13, 2008

Easter Card

Hi Everyone!! Wow, the week went by soooooo quickly. . .I blinked and it's the end of the week! I can't believe it. For the past two days, my husband and I landscaped our front yard. It looks much better now. We were waiting for spring so that the plants would have a better chance to survive.

The irony is that I am much more busier now that I don't work at a "real" job. I don't know what the deal is but when I was working at the hospital full time, it seems I had a lot more free time.

As a SAHM, you put on a lot of hats. . .I'm the resident chauffeur, the resident cook, the resident house cleaner. . .on top of that, I'm the cardmaker, scrapbooker, blogger, consultant, counsler, day-minder/planner (yes, I remind everyone what they suppose to do), yadah, yadah, yadah!!

Honestly. . .I love being busy. It's much more fun being crazy busy than crazy bored. LOL! There was a time when I reduced my work hours at the hospital from full time to part-time and I actually went stir crazy because I had no hobby and I was bored out of my mind. I wasn't the type to sit and watch television so what did I do? Well, I cleaned the house.

I would mop the floor daily and I mean DAILY. When you walked into our house, you probably could pass out from all the ammonia. Our house was CLEAN. Our yard was BEAUTIFUL because I would prune the plants in our garden until I ended up with tendinitis and could no longer prune the plants. Our plants were soooooo healthy because I would water them, clean the yard and all these crazy things to fill my time. Thank goodness I now have a hobby! I think I was a bit crazy back then.

Anyway, this is a card I made over a week ago and only now have the time to post it. It's a simple Easter card. . .nothing much to it. The stamp set is by TAC. It's such a cute Easter stamp set. I love it.

Anyway. . .hopefully, things will wind down a bit and I can actually CRAFT. I miss crafting. Whaa!!

Until later, folks!!

11 comments:

Rita said...

What a GORGEOUS card Maria! I luv the colors & the scallop at the bottom, great card design. That stamp is adorable!

Diane said...

Great bunnies!!! Love the colors you chose. Hope you take time for yourself through all that!!!

Joani McDonald said...

Maria,your card is wonderful. Great work as always! I'm with you ~ I'd rather be busy than bored!! Love to see pictures of your yard!
Hugs,
Joani

Alhambra Club said...

Your card is adorable, you will have to post photos of your yard.

Anonymous said...

Love your bunny card. It is so cute.
JoAnn B.

Kimberly said...

Super cute Maria. I just used this set the other day to make some treats for my stamp club group. Love the layout!

Rachele Funk said...

Congrats on getting the yard work done. . . something about yard work gives a huge sense of accomplishment! I know what you mean about the SAHM thing. . . it's exhausting! My career was much easier and yes I felt like I had more time too! I also had to share that although I don't have many TAC sets (for obvious reasons) I bought this EXACT set because it's just too cute! Similar taste! Must be why I like your blog so much! Sorry to write a novel. Have a great day!

2 Worlds said...

Really cute card !
Time is going fast I feel the same thing, when I get home from work
I dont have time !

ChrissyM said...

gorgeous card!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Great card Maria! Love the bright colors and the cute images... TFS!

Gail Binette said...

Would you just look at those adorable bunnies. The card is awesome Maria.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |