Thursday, April 24, 2008

Happy Graduation Card

Hi Everyone! Just a second post today! I actually made this card the other night. . .sort of randomly. I was about to go to bed and I had the cat image lying around waiting to be put on a card so I just quickly made this card.

I have a lot of images that I color and store for future use but the problem is I sometimes forget to use them and there they sit.

No designer paper on this card! Whoohoo!! I wanted to create a card with just stamping. . .you know, no designer paper to help me. LOL!

I used 3 different stamp sets for this card. The primary image is by Penny Black which I colored using SU Markers on watercolor paper. The background was stamped using SU "Tassle Time" and the "G" is from the "Great Grads" stamp set.

The color combo is Wild Wasabi, Cranberry Crisp, and Blue Bayou. I love this color combo!

Anyway, I think this will be the last post for this blog site for today. I have a bunch of errands to run. . arrgghhhh! The days go by so quickly. . .I can't get a handle on it sometimes. My husband and I were just discussing the fact that last week was the "Virginia Tech Shooting" one year anniversary and holy! I can't believe that a whole year went by since that tragedy occurred. I honestly feel like it was only a few months ago when I saw it on television. Really. . .it just amazes me how time is just flying. My husband said that it may be because I'm having fun. I guess he is right. It sure beats being bored with life and time goes by slowly!! LOL!!

Anyway, hope you are all having a wonderful day!!

post signature

15 comments:

Shannon McGann said...

This is adorable! I love the colour combination and the cute kitty!

CraftyC said...

What a super card, great colours too!
Clairexx

Rita said...

Awe, this card is so darn cute!!!

Alhambra Club said...

This card is fantastic, what a fantastic graduation card, your coloring is great.

Ila said...

Fabulous card!! I love your coloring and that grad kitty!!

Diane said...

Oh my this is lovely!!Great colors Maria!!

Nikki Bond said...

What a perfect card for a graduation! Love that lil cat and the color comob is great! {SMILES}

CreativeMish said...

Very nice! What a cute little cat with the hat :)

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fantastic card Maria! Love the colors, the lay-out, the cat image... it's just so well put together! TFS!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

I love this card! I love all the layers and elements. Some lucky graduate is going to love it too.

Crafty Connie said...

Very cute card!

loree2000 said...

Love your cards! Awesome work!

Risa said...

Your card is adorable..I love it!
malieta:)

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Your water-colouring is Masterful, Gorgeous, Glorious. I love that cat! :0) mel

Becky G said...

Fantastic card! I love that cat and you colored him so nicely!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |