Saturday, March 6, 2010

Scrap Pile Saturday Challenge #2


Hi Friends! It's Saturday and do you know what that means? It means it's Scrap Pile Saturday Challenge again. Last week we had a few players for challenge #1. Yay!! Check out the cute cards that the participants created. I was going to feature 3 participants but because there weren't many that participated, I'll feature all 4 participants. LOL! Click on the links and check out what these ladies created for last week's SPS Challenge #1:

Linda of Linanna Designs created a beautiful card using lavender colors.
Gina of Scrapcrazylady created a cute card using a Greeting Farm image.
Cindy of Cindy Haffner's Corner created an adorable card using beautiful designer papers.
Tracey of My Creative Place created a card with a beautiful butterfly image and DP.

Hope you all will play along this week! Come on, let's reduce our scrap pile!!!

Okay, here are the rules:

1. Other than your card base, the face of your card MUST be created using ONLY designer paper and card stock from your scrap pile. Do not cut up any new card stock or designer paper.

2. Embellishments added to your card MUST be from "opened" packages. Do not open up a new package or roll of ribbon, brads, buttons, etc.

Here is this week's challenge:

Follow the sketch below and you must use a minimum of 3 "types" of embellishments on your card. For example, brads, charm, and dew drops. You may use any amount of each embellishments. Remember, the embellishments have to be from already "opened" packages.

It's been fun using my scrap designer paper and card stock. It gets easier to use them when you're on a mission of sort. Do you see that star charm? I've had it for ages. . .I just never thought to use it until now.

The same with the heart charm. I had opened a package of charms and used a few of them. There were a few charms left in the package and it sat in a container. I had forgotten about it. I colored my image with Copic Markers and added a bit of SU Crystal Effects to parts of the image. The stamp is from a Unity Stamp Kit of the Month that I'm only now using. I'm glad I finally was able to ink it up.



Do you see the string of pearls? Another stuff I had for a long time and I'm proud to say, I've used up all of the string of pearls! One less stuff in my scrap pile!

Here is the sketch to follow:



Okay. . .if you want to play along, link your card on Mr. Linky below or if you're having problems with Mr. Linky, comment this post with a link to your card. Each week, I'll feature 3 participants in next week's post! You have until Friday to post and link to your blog. The permanent link to Scrap Pile Saturday Challenges will be located at the top of my blog under the label "SPS Challenges" so you can find them easily. Have fun!

Hope y'all have a wonderful crafty Saturday!



6 comments:

- - Sheryl - - said...

Hi Maria,
Oh my - I have a very large scrap bin. and a scrap bowl.
I'll play!

I should have played last week - I have plenty of butterflies and butterfly punches.
Darn!

CreativeMish said...

Very cute! I love the candy jars!

Little C's Creations said...

How fun... I hope I can play along! Great idea on using your Scrap Pile... I have such a huge pile that could real be put to good use!

Hugs,
Jen

SCRAPCRAZY said...

Thanks again for the fun sketch and help getting rid of my scraps;D
Thank you for Featuring me on your blog also.

Hugs, Gina Marie

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Thank you for another gorgeous sketch hunny, i really enjoy taking part in your challenges, such fun! love your cards and the images youve used. Hope you are well have a good day, hugs Linda x

TRACEY O said...

Another fun challenge. I'm really getting hooked on using up my scraps. Looking forward to the next sketch.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |