Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Gift Set

Hello Friends! Happy Tuesday to you all! Well, it's a beautiful sunny day here today! Yay! Sunny days lift my spirits! Living in Southern California, we sort of get accustomed to constant sunshine, sometimes too much. Well, one can't get too much sunshine but during the summer well it way too hot. I haven't gotten accustomed to the very hot summers. I love the sunshine but not the heat!

I really had fun creating the box and the layered flower on the boxes. To create the flower, use the Nestabilites Dahlia die and to create the box, CLICK HERE for the template. The box prints small so I adjusted the size on my computer. Save the template and adjust the size to the desired size on your photo editing program. I used my Cricut Expression using my SCAL2 program to cut the image so I was able to adjust the box size to a large size and cut the template on to 12 x 12" designer paper. The box is a vertical box as shown in the photo and opens at the top.


It was so fast and easy to make the gift set, I think I'm going to make more of them!!!

Here is another set. When using designer paper, use thick designer paper. . . similar to card stock thickness. Die Cut With a View designer paper stacks are quite thick to allow you to make boxes using designer paper rather than card stock.

I used Heidi Grace chip boards to decorate my box and a wide grosgrain ribbon.
Here is the matching card. Nothing much else to the card.

Amazingly, I don't have much to talk about today! LOL! Before I go, don't forget to play along in the Christmas Stampin All Year Long challenge and Scrap Pile Saturday challenge!!

Hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday!!


6 comments:

Do What You Love said...

Gorgeous as always, Maria! I love your gift sets - you really choose the best papers and design everything around it so that it all coordinates together perfectly! Thanks for the inspiration and always providing the tutorial - you're so awesome! ;D I love these sunny days - I'm in Northern California! I just came back from San Diego (it rained the last day we were there) and just remembered how much I miss living there! Hope you have a great day! ;D

Sparkplug17 said...

This is just lovely! I love your flowers!

CreativeMish said...

Love them! Great gift sets and I really love the flowers!

Risa said...

Oh wow...both of your card and box sets are fabulous Maria! The clean lines are beautiful and your flower is stunning! I really need to do more with my Cricut, it just sits gathering dust:(
Enjoy the sunshine and have a great day!
Risa:)

doris said...

Perfect and beautiful!!!

xox doris

debbies said...

I love the flowers - great job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |