Friday, March 19, 2010

Christmas Stampin All Year Long Challenge #44 - Pottery Barn Inspiration

Hello Friends! Gosh, life has been busy the past few days! Lots of things going on!!! One of which is that it's challenge time again at Christmas Stampin All Year Long! Yipee! Debbie of The Paper Garden challenged us to create a card using a Pottery Barn Inspiration. Check out the inspiration at CSAYL. This week our guest designer is Kate of Down Right Crafty! Whoohoo!

Honestly. . this week's challenge was a challenge! I love challenges! This one had me thinking a bit. . .I couldn't figure out what was the best layout for my flower and bird image. . .left side, right side, centered. I finally decided that the bird to the right and the flower to left was the best one. LOL! Decisions, decisions!



I colored the SU Belle Blossoms image using my SU Markers. I heat embossed the image using clear embossing powder then cut out the flower. To cut the bird, I used the template below. I cut the image using my Cricut Expression using the SCAL2 template. I also provided a "hand cut" template if you don't have a Cricut and SCAL2 program. Click on the image, then right click your mouse and "save image". For the SCAL2 program, use the "auto trace" feature to upload the image to your program.


Sure Cuts A Lot 2 Template (originally by Living the Swell Life)


Hand Cut Template

Anyway. . .stop by and check out the beautiful cards created by the CSAYL design team. They all did such a beautiful job! Hope you'll play along with us this week! We'd love to see your beautiful Christmas card!

Hope y'all have a wonderful Friday!!

Card Details:

Stamps: SU Bella Blossoms
Papers: SU scrappy kit dp, red (?), SU So Saffron (I think)
Ink: SU Markers
Accessories: Clear embossing powder, Cricut Expression, Pebbles Inc. ribbon, EK Success Border Punch, SU Embossing Template

8 comments:

Michelle said...

WOW fabulous card - love your bird diecut!! Such a pretty card!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a lovely card!

Tina said...

Maria - this is wonderful - love the bird and thanks for the template.

tina
mommy scraps alot

Hampers said...

WOW!!!! This is stunning! Thank you so much for the tutorial! Will try to create such beautiful illustrations

Rita said...

OMG this card is so stunning, great job!

inlovestamping said...

WONDERFUL card yet again! I just love it!

Jacqui said...

very pretty

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

awesome job Maria! I love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |