Friday, December 24, 2010

Simple Earrings



Hi Friends! I just wanted to share a few of the earrings I've created this week. I'm just playing around with the different beads I currently have. I actually made a few more but I'll share them next time. As you know, I just started learning to create jewelry about a 2 weeks ago and I'm truly enjoying it. I'd like to get to a point where I can create more unique types of jewelries. Right now, my goal is just to be able to hold and use the pliers correctly. . .too funny. I cannot tell you the countless times I've dropped the wire while trying to twist it and all the bead fall off and unravel whatever I've created. It can literally drive you crazy when you're just about done and you need to start over.



All of the bead I used are either glass or stone. . . .mostly semi quality beads. I'm trying to avoid plastic beads. Unfortunately, quality beads at the craft stores are quite pricey. I've always wondered why costume jewelry are so expensive sometimes and well, I now know why.



Right now I'm sticking to creating earrings until I can find a store that sells quality beads at a reasonable price. I can create a lot of earrings with the few beads I have. If I create bracelets and necklaces, well. . .the cost will increase exponentially so until I get better at jewelry making, I'll stick to earrings and simple bracelets and necklaces.



I've been practicing on manipulating wire to create different designs so my jewelry can be more unique and not just about stringing beads and charms together. I did create a few earrings with wire designs and I'll share them next time.

For the past years, I've been primarily a paper crafter and I really wanted to expand and learn other types of crafts. Next month, I'll be taking sewing lessons. I'm really excited about it. Sewing isn't something that I want to learn from watching YouTube videos because I really want to do it right and be able to use my sewing machine properly. As a Christmas gift, I had asked my husband for "sewing lessons" and he confirmed that he is giving that gift to me. He had to let me know because he needed to know what was the best time for me to take the lessons. . . .so. . .I already know what I'm getting for Christmas. . .LOL!

My goal is to actually integrate the different hobbies I already know and am learning to do and combine them together. For example, fabric with paper crafting and crocheting or beading with crocheting and sewing, etc. I think it'll be fun to combine the different arts and create different things.

Anyway. .. Oooh, tomorrow is Christmas!! OMG! Time has flown so quickly. . .I'm really excited for the new year. I believe I'm going to have a fun year next year!!!

Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas Eve!!!


1 comment:

pescbrico said...

Merry Christmas to you Maria! Here is a blog you may like, she is doing stunning stuff with beads! http://anabaird.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |