Thursday, May 26, 2011

Cherub Rose Collage Tags and More Crochet Flowers

Hello Friends! Gosh, I've been really busy the past few days. Creating of course but not any finished projects. I did create these cherub collaged style tags this morning. I've been meaning to create a few cards but lately I've been really enjoying creating tags. They're fun because tags can be used for various purposes such as card fronts for cards, scrapbooking embellishments, gift tags, book marks and even as Christmas ornaments. You can use it as a stand alone note card to send to someone too!

I collaged the images in Photoshop, cut the card stock, punched the corners with a round corner punch, then embellished the tags with lace, crochet flowers, dew drops, organza ribbon, seam binding bow and distressed the edge by rubbing ink around the tag.

Aren't the lace and rose trimming so pretty? I've also been having a lot of fun collaging images. I found the cherub image at Magic Moonlight. There are a lot of pretty vintage images on this site.

Again, I had to add a crochet flower to the tag! LOL! I love crocheting the flowers and adding them to my projects. I really love how they give a card, tag, or project a shabby chic vintage look!

I did crochet a bunch of flowers the past few days to include using a metallic embedded thread. They have a sparkly appearance.

These crochet flowers were made with embroidery thread rather than crochet cotton threads. They're a little bigger measuring 1.75 x 1.75" and the texture a little thicker than the crochet flowers which measures 1.5 x 1.5". I'll be crocheting a few more flowers in different colors using embroidery thread and will be listing them on Etsy.

All three items pictured in this post are listed in my Etsy shop: Inspired & Unscripted. I'm working on listing different items. .. I just need to find time to actually make them. I wish there were more time in a day to make all the things I want to make. I have so many ideas but well, I lack the time to be able to work on all of them.

Well, that's it for today! Hope you all are having a wonderful Thursday!

2 comments:

bernshwag said...

Maria your tags are absolutely gorgeous! I love the vintage image and all of the other elements that you incorporated into them! Wow, the flowers with the metallic thread are amazing as well...I'm gonna heve a hard time not hoarding the flowers I recently purchased from your store....Heehee

Hugs,
Candi

Riet said...

Wowwww Maria,So wonderful.

Hugs Riet.xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |