Friday, May 13, 2011

Shabby Chic Vintage Inspired Tags, Fabric Flowers and Embellishments

Hello Friends! Looks like Blogger is now fixed! Apparently it flaked out for the past day or so and bloggers weren't able to post anything. Well. .. now that Blogger is fixed, I can now post a few projects that I created.

I created this set of 3 handmade tags and I just posted this set in my Etsy store. My plan is to make more of them! I really had fun creating these tags. It's a fabulous way to use up my supplies! I can't wait to make more of them!

I printed the images using a vintage clipart from a CD I had purchased years ago! I cannot believe that the ephemera images have become useful again. There was a time way back when I first started making cards and other paper craft projects . . .my style was more of the shabby chic altered art collage type of design. I started to move away from this style because I started to create more of the "cute" designs that were popular in the paper crafting world. I didn't sell or got rid of my supplies because well, I'm naturally a hoarder and I thought that maybe I would return to this style again one day and I did! Yay!

Anyway. . .just a little info about the tags. I had "collaged" the images in Photoshop, then I printed the images on to card stock then cut the tags with my Stampin Up Top Notes die. I embellished the tags with lace. I added the heart chipboards that I had cut using a Sizzix die, painted with acrylic paint and sprinkled with glitter. I am making a whole bunch of crochet flowers to sell on Etsy and decided to use a few of them on my tags. I added the Prima that I had layered to create a rose type of flower and finally distressed the edge of the tags using Tim Holtz distress ink.

I just wanted to share a few more items that I had listed on Etsy. This is an embellishment set of fabric roses, shabby chic bows/stick pin and 2 x 2 off white crochet flowers that I created handmade. I also dyed the seam binding bow with an apricot colored dye and stuck a stick pin that I had embellished with faux peal beads.


Yesterday I had posted a bunch of fabric flowers on my blog that I worked on recently. I sorted through the different types of flowers and created sets to sell on Etsy. This set of fabric flowers measure 2.5 x 2.5" and they were made using a satin fabric and tulle.

I kept the loose threading on the flower because I love how it adds to the shabby chic look of it!

Here is a similar set of flowers as the white ones above but I dyed the edge of the flowers just to add color to them.


Honestly, I'm not really comfortable with posting the items I sell on Etsy because I don't want my blog to be a "promote my Etsy shop" blog but selling on Etsy is so competitive. If I don't "advertise" my shop to some degree, my shop will get lost amongst all of the other more prominant sellers on Etsy. The top sellers are usually promoted by other blog sites and websites so many times, the smaller shops like mine never gets seen at all. I would love to continue creating handmade items because I really do enjoy making them but I do need a source of income to continue so I hope you'll tolerate my "advertising" of my Etsy shop. . .:)

Here is a link of my Etsy Shop: Inspired & Unscripted Check out the new items I've listed!!!

Anyway. . .I hope you all have a wonderful Friday!

2 comments:

Sudha said...

awesome, awesome, awesome, creations. I love it.

Jessie/knightrone said...

How awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |