Sunday, May 8, 2011

Etsy Listing - Shabby Chic Vintage Bow Embellishments

Hi Friends! Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there! I hope you all have a wonderful blessed day and that you are treated special today. I'll be spending my day in my craft room and we'll be heading out to dinner and movies later this evening! We wanted to avoid the zoo in all the restaurants in the morning so we decided on dinner instead. Of course, a good day is having the time to hang out in my craft room!!

I just wanted to share a few items I listed in my Etsy Shop. I decided that I'll start creating embellishments as a way to use up the tons of crafting stuff I have! I thought it would be fun to create different types of embellishments. If you are strapped with time or don't want to buy a whole bunch of different materials just to create a few embellishments, well. . .this is a fast and easy way to add embellishments to your projects without all the work! Yay!

I created these sets of shabby chic vintage style bows! There are 3 in a set and they are designed in different ways. First of all I hand dyed the seam bindings and dried them crumpled. I also crochet the flower and added a bead to the center. The silk flower was layered and again added a bead to add a bit of dimension to it. To top it off I added a stick pin adorned with jewelry beads. The beads are glass and faux pearls.

In this set, it's blue this time around. I decided to add a heart chipboard to one of the bow which I die cut, painted with acrylic paint, and sprinkled glitter all over. I also added a few Primas to this set.

I crochet the white flower myself. I love crochet flowers. . .they look so vintage and shabby chic!

Here is the chipboard heart that I created! Again, I cut the shape with a die cut, painted it with white acrylic and sprinkled glitter all over!!!

Anyway, if you're interested in handmade embellishments. . .stop by my Etsy Shop: Inspired & Unscripted or check out my listings below. . .:)

Hope you all have a wonderful Mother's Day!!

My Esty Shop Listings

3 comments:

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

WOW! These are vintage-licious!

Riet said...

Wowww Maria,this is so wonderful.

Hugs Riet.xx

Vicki G said...

These are beautiful! I hope you had an amazing Mothers Day Maria!

Hugs

Vicki

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |