Sunday, June 26, 2011

Altered Vintage Inspired Bottle and Card Gift Set

Hello Friends!! Happy Sunday! I decided to work on altering a bottle and creating a matching card. I've been admiring the altered bottles I've seen in blog land and I decided to work on one my self. There are various styles and approaches to altering a bottle but I wanted to create mine in a vintage shabby chic style.

The bottle makes for a great home decor item that can be placed on a night stand or to decorate an end table. It can also be used as a container to hold embellishments, buttons, lace, prima flowers, beads, etc.


First of all I worked on a card to match the bottle using the same embellishments so they coordinate with one another. I used a vintage image that I found at Vintage Holiday Crafts. I cut a strip of fabric and stamped flowers and sentiments using my Unity Stamps. I used Tim Holtz distress ink as well as SU Buckaroo Blue to ink up the stamps. I then created a bow with lace and attached a tag to it.


I sewn together a fabric flower and added a pearl to the center and adhered it to the bow. Finally, I added a lucite flower bead with a pearl bead to the center and a rose button to embellish the card.

I basically created the same design to the bottle as my card using the exact same embellishments. The only thing that I didn't add to the card that is on the bottle is the stamped clothes pin. . .again using the same sentiment stamp that I used to decorate the fabric strip. I tied the fabric around the bottle and tied a bow with the lace and added the flower and tag like I did with the card.

I love stamping on clothes pins. . .they are such a fun way to decorate a plain ole' clothes pin! You can't really see it too well in the photo but I also added the lucite flower and rose button to the side of the clothes pin.

I added the same bird image to the bottle by just inserting it into the bottle. I didn't glue it into the bottle, it's just there. It's an easy way to decorate the inside of the bottle.

To decorate the bottle cap all I did was decoupage a circle designer paper and added the rose button to the center. I also added lace and beads around the side of the bottle cap.

I have plans to alter more bottles! It's really fun. I have a lot of fun ideas on how to decorate the bottles. I can't wait to alter another one! It's a great way to salvage a bottle . . .rather than throwing it away, it's an eco-friendly way to refurbish it and create something pretty out of it! Try it out. . it's really fun!

Anyway, that's it for today. I'm hoping I can work on another one this week!!

Hope you all have a fabulous Sunday!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |