Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Shabby Chic Card Gift Set with Woven Fabric Pouch

Hi Friends! I decided to work on a gift set this morning. I really like the idea of a fabric pouch to store the cards rather than a box. I think it's pretty and the pouch can be used as a gift bag or as a pouch after the cards are used. What do you think?

I listed two sets of this gift set in my Etsy Shop: Inspired & Unscripted


I bought this woven fabric to use for fabric flowers but I had enough to spare to make a few pouches. I had sewn the pouch and just tied a seam binding around it to hold the cards in and I created the design to match the cards! I think the next one that I'll make, I'll make a fancier one by sewing lace on to the fabric or add other embellishments! I was going to stamp on the fabric but it wouldn't have matched the cards so I decided to keep it plain so it matches the cards.

The cards were embellished with crochet flowers, dyed seam binding, trimmings and lace.

I used my Unity Stamps to stamp the butterfly and I collaged the images on Photoshop to create the design.

Just added my crochet flower and seam binding bow.

Anyway. . .I think I'll work on a few more card set but I'm really itching to create some earrings and sew aprons! LOL! I have a few cute apron patterns that I want to work on and I bought a few lamp work beads. I really want to create something with them! Hopefully, I can work on them today. . .

Well that's it for today! I hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday!!!

6 comments:

Fabrizio said...

Utterly gorgeous 'Thank you' card Maria, I hope you don't mind me featuring it sometime this week on PaperMood.com. Love everything about it ! X Fab

JackieLou said...

Wowee Maria you are so creative.. I love the pretty colors and the shabby chic look... Girl cause of you I have started making more card sets than ever. lol. I heart all your creations and you and Jen Y. are soooo my super inspirations to thank... lol.

Samantha J Designs (Wife2TJ) said...

This card set is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! You do amazing work. I'm in awe!!! TFS! -Sam :-)

Beth Norman said...

Oh la la. Tres chique. So beautiful.

Karel said...

Such a gorgeous card set. I absolutely love it!!!!

Riet said...

This is so wonderful Maria.

Hugs Riet.xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |