Friday, January 25, 2008

Just A Bunch of Random Cards I Made

Hi Everybody! Thank y'all for welcoming me back! You guys are the best. I'm sorry I haven't been blogging. I've been sidelined with an upper respiratory infection the day after I got home from my trip! Cough, cough, cough! Argghh! I really hate being sick. The cough is better but now my head is stuffed up! I think that's worse than coughing.

Anyway. . .all I've been doing is lying in bed feeling sorry for myself. Today I decided maybe blogging will keep me from thinking about my stuffed up head., runny nose, watery eyes, sneezing, and coughing.

I made these two cards before I left on my trip to Vegas but didn't have time to post. I can't remember what Stampin Up stamp set this image came from. I know it's a retired one.

I colored the image using markers and an aquapainter on watercolor paper. Rounded the edge with a round corner punch and embossed the background with the CB embossing folder.


Card Details:

Stamps: SU unknown
Paper: Rose Romance, Cranberry Crisp, watercolor paper
Ink: SU Markers and aquapainter
Accessories: Making Memories charm, silver metallic cord, SU Purely Pomegrantate satin ribbon, Marvy Round corner punch, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder





This is the same image but a completely different layout and design. I used a bunch of scraps to create the background. The scallops were created using Fiskar "cloud" scissors.

The little heart at the top left corner is actually a brad. I can't remember what brand because it's a scrap piece I had lying around. The photo corner was created using SU Photo Corner punch and I decorated it with little dots using a paper piercer.

Basically the whole card except the base card was made out of little scraps I had.

Hopefully I'll feel better later today. I have a big announcement that I'm excited about but I want to blog about it when I'm feeling "happier" so it reflects in my writing. I tend to write the way I feel and right now. . .I feel crappy!!! LOL!

Card Details:

Stamp: SU (unknown)
Paper: Miscellaneous scraps, SU Real Red, Black
Ink: SU Markers and aquapainter
Accessories: Fiskar "Cloud" scissors, SU Photo Corner Punch, Paper Piercer

13 comments:

Bonnie said...

I'm so sorry you are so sick!! The only saving grace is that you waited until you got home, I guess - (if there is a saving grace to being sick)

Your cards are always so cute Maria! Can't believe my computer actually let me on to leave a comment!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that you're sick!! I hope you feel better. Despite the illness, it's good that it happened after you got home. Lots of rest!

As always your card's just gorgeous!

Savitri

Cheryl said...

So sorry that you are sick. Was Vegas fun? Glad you are back and blogging. I have missed you!!!
Cheryl

pescbrico said...

I'm really happy to see you back :) Your cards are great! :)

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Sorry to hear that you're sick! These cards are both FABULOUS! Wow! I love them! Great color schemes! That a good use of scraps! Feel better!!

Alhambra Club said...

Sorry to hear that you have not been feeling well, have missed your lovely creations. These cards are great, hope you are 100% soon

Dawn Easton said...

Maria, you take care of yourself! I had the same sort of thing and then last week it turned into pneumonia! So please be careful girl! Get plenty of rest!

Your cards are both wonderful. I love your watercolouring...so pretty!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Ouuuu LOVE the shadowing around your images.... DON'T love to hear that your sick. Get well soon! :0) Mel

CreativeMish said...

Welcome back! Hope you're feeling better soon! I love that Black, Red and White striped ribbon!

kathleenh said...

Pretty cards! I really love the coloring on the top one! I hope you are feeling better soon. Being sick is not fun.

Diane said...

Sounds like everyone is sick!!Thank goodness it isn't catchy through the net!! Love your cards Maria!!!They are all gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cards, really like them!

Sorry you're unwell. Hope you're feeling better very soon. I just spent most of the time between now and Christmas getting over a really horrid flu bug. Wasn't fun.

Risa said...

Awwww...I'm so sorry that you aren't feeling well Maria! It's a real bummer when you have to stay in bed due to an illness. I hope you feel better soon. I think both versions of your card are awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |