Saturday, January 12, 2008

Sort of a Valentines Card

Hi Everybody! I decided to pull out this retired stamp set by Stampin Up. I believe it retired the previous year. I thought it could be made into a Valentines or "Love" type of card. The sentiment would be a great verse for a Valentines card so maybe I'll make another card with heart images and that sentiment.

I colored the image with Copic Markers and added highlights using acrylic paint. I think it came out pretty good. I'm still playing around with the markers trying to find the best way to use them. I think I'm getting better.


Card Recipe:

Stamps: Love Ya Bunches
Paper: Cool Caribbean, Creamy Caramel, Autumn Leaves Designer Paper
Ink: Copic Markers
Accessories: Making Memories eyelets, Tag Corner Punch, American Craft Elements ribbon

9 comments:

Bonnie said...

Lovely card, Maria! I love what you are doing with your copics!!

pescbrico said...

Lovely! The new demo set would be cool to use with that stamp since there is hearth flower on it :) Have a great day! :)

Tanja said...

This is so beautiful! I absollutely love this card. It makes me want to pull this set out!

Little C's Creations said...

it makes a very cute V-day card, Maria. Love the non-traditional colors. It's perfect!

hugs,
Jen

Tina said...

what a fantastic Valentine-Card! Great colors!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Ouuuuu more of my favourite hues! I feel a colour case coming on!?! Stampin' Inspirations couldn't be a better title. You really are an amazing inspiration, :0) Mel

Becky G said...

Ohhhhh, Maria! I really like this card! Love everything! The color, the layout and the image! So pretty!

Dawn Easton said...

Love the colours you chose to use Maria...wonderful card!

Kimberly said...

Very cute. I'm so glad you went on vacation because it's giving me a chance to catch up on some of your fabulous sketches, LOL.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |