Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Valentine Cards #2 - Heat Embossed

Hi Everybody. Just a few more Valentine cards. I made 3 of them with two similar but different designer paper. I heat embossed the heart and flowers with gold embossing powder to give it a shiny appearance.

I think gold and red go well together. I didn't create a sketch for this one because it's a fairly simple layout.


I don't know if you've figured it out by now but I love to heat emboss my images. It's just a fun way to create dimension to an otherwise flat image. I actually stamped and heat embossed the flower images for the Glittery Ornaments for Christmas but I didn't have a chance to use them all so I decided to use them for these Valentine cards.

Have you guys started on your Valentine cards already? It's best to start early.

Card Recipe:

Stamps: SU Loving Hearts, Flowers (SU unknown), Love Matters (sentiment)
Paper: K&Co designer paper, SU Creamy Caramel, Real Red
Ink: Versamark ink, Black, Tim Holtz distressing ink (shading)
Accessories: Gold embossing powder, Marvy oval punch, Fiskar scallop scissors, grosgrain ribbon

14 comments:

Tracy said...

Oh my this is stunning! Amazing job...such a beautiful layout and colors. Love, LUV that embossing on the flowers. You go siesta!

Tracy
SBS2 Siesta

Alhambra Club said...

These are awesome, love the gold embossing and that flower, fantastic.

Shannon McGann said...

Beautiful, as usual! I love the embossing on the flowers and heart. They look so pretty.

My Paper World said...

The embossing looks fantastic!

Rita said...

WOW! I've got my mouth open in total amazement, you are so good girl! This card is so beautiful, I luv it!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Gorgeous Valentine's Day cards. Nope, I haven't started on mine ye. You're so right better early than late. :0) LOVE how the rich looking embossed red Delight in Life flowers stand out against that perfect d.p.: YUMMY! :0) Mel

Dawn Easton said...

Gorgeous! I really need to emboss more often. Your cards sure do inspire me to try that!

Ila said...

These are Beautiful!!!..love the embossing!! I have started my cards but have a long way to go....

2 Worlds said...

Great Card , I love embossing I think this card is very elegant too

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards. Thanks for the idea of using the red embossed flowers on the valentines. I get tired of all hearts. Darlene L

Becky G said...

Absolutely beautiful, Maria! I have both of these sets! Now I'm gonna have to bring them out and play with them.

michelle sturgeon said...

These are really pretty!

Anonymous said...

I can't keep up with you!!! To many cute, cute work! I love this one especially although it was hard to pick which on just one page of your blog is the best. Love your work!!!

Anonymous said...

Free Background Check I recently found this site. It's pretty good. You can sign up for free and conduct your own background check or people search.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |