Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Aloha to Little C's Challenge - Last Challenge

Hello Friends!! I have a bit of a sad news. . .this is the last challenge at Little C's Challenge site and my last challenge card as a designer at Little C's. Little C's stopped selling rubber stamps about a month ago and continued on with the Little C's challenge in spite of it but Jen decided to close down the challenge site. With that being said, I had a wonderful time as a designer off and on for Little C's in the last year or so.

Well the last challenge is a dark pink photo inspiration challenge. Stop by and play along in the last challenge. If the challenge is not yet posted on Little C's, be sure to stop by later and see if it's up....:) Also check out Jen's and Mackenzie's cards. . .


I used an already colored image for my card. I have a stock pile of colored images. .. thank God. If it wasn't for the already colored images, I don't think this card would have been possible. My Copic Markers are somewhere in the hallway covered with other crafty stuff. I am not in the mood to dig through all my stuff.

The progress of my craft room re-organization is well. . .not progressing much. I think my problem right now is that I'm "mirco-organizing". So far, I've unrolled all my ribbons off their spools and rolled them on to ribbon cards so they would take up less space. Can you imagine unrolling and re-rolling hundreds of ribbons? It's been taking me FOREVER!!!!! I can't even begin to tell you how time consuming it has been. I'm just about 98% done. I am getting a bit sloppy towards the end. . rather than re-rolling the ribbons on to ribbon cards, I've been tying rubber bands around the unrolled ribbons to hold them together. Uggggh! But. .. there is good news. . .by unspooling all my ribbons, the amount of space to store them has been reduced by almost half. Yay!

Because I can't quite paper craft right now. . .I've been crocheting. I've been practicing using different stitches and yarn. I think I'm ready to move on to a different type of project other than scarves. Creating these scarves have been really helpful in learning the different stitches.

The two scarves I made were created using 2 rows of double stitch borders and 3 rows shell pattern.


With this scarf, I used Bernat Silk acrylic yarn. It's thin and pretty soft. It's a light enough scarf to use as casual wear.



This scarf is the same design as the scarf above but using a heavier yarn so it's a little thicker.


This scarf can be used during the Fall or Winter seasons. I bought a few Mohair and Wool yarn. I can't wait to create something with them. I'm a super newbie with crocheting . . .just a month but I've learned a lot in a short period of time. I'm having so much fun crocheting!! I can't wait to get good at it.

Hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday!



7 comments:

Melissa Deuss said...

Little C's Challenge is my favorite challenge :( TEAR!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

They turned out beautiful...is it cold enough to use where you are...I have a place for them....haha I've been following your blog and your journey of learning how to crochet...it can be a great stress release...thank you for sharing.

Riet said...

So beautiful card Maria,i love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

And wow,so amazing creations.

Hugs Riet.xx

Sheri Gilson said...

Super cute card, Maria!! Love it!!

Created By You said...

Very cute card Maria, love the scarves too! Really fun photos!

Vicki G said...

Holy Crafty Lady! I LOVE your card!

I always wanted to learn to crochet...

Hope you're well sweetie!

Hugs

Vicki

Angelwood said...

Gorgeous, Maria! Love the bright pink colors you used and beautiful coloring on your image! Also LOVE the scarves - how beautiful! Where do you find the time!? hugs, Angela

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |