Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Playing With Photoshop Actions

Hey Friends! I have a lot of old scanned photos in my computer and although they look great as they are, it's sort of fun to play around and edit them. Isn't it wonderful that you can now edit your photos in any fashion you want. I have literally thousands of prints from back in the days when digital photos were non-existent, well to regular folks like us. I've scanned a few of them on to my computer and would love to scan all of them but it would probably take me a life time to scan all the prints I have. LOL!!

Any of you heard of Photoshop Actions? Well it's Photoshop editing settings that people do and share on various sites so you don't have to do it yourself. It would take a lot of tweaking on PS to come up with the various results so it's so nice that there are others that do them for you.

The photo above is of my daughter when she was about 4 years old. By the way, my daughter is going to be 20 years old in a few months so this is a very old photo. The photo is actually in full color but I used this action (click here) from Deviant Art. I did modify the action a little to customize it to my preference.


This photo is of my daughter right before her ballet show again when she was 4 years old. She took ballet lessons for a few years but did not enjoy it much. I enjoyed it but she told me it was boring. Oh well. I wanted an antique look to the photo but not void of any color. . .just a semi-saturated aged look. I found a nice action that I liked: Click Here

I like this photo of my daughter and her cousins. This was taken at one of my cousin's wedding and although my daughter was not in the wedding court, interestingly, my daughter and her cousins wore similar colored dresses. I didn't change the hue on this photo. Their dresses all were the colors shown in the picture. I used the same action as the photo above.

Anyway, if you're interested in doing some editing to your photos, check out Deviant Art They have a lot of fun actions to play around with.

I need to work on organizing the garage today so not much crafty time today. It's one of those days. Uggh!

Hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |