Thursday, August 28, 2008

Coloring with Pastels and Markers on Glossy Cardstock Tutorial - Thanksgiving Card


Hi Everyone!! This is another image that I had colored over 2 years ago, threw in a plastic bag and found after reorganizing my craft room (see the story on my previous post). Anyway. . .back then (before Copics, Prismacolor Pencils), I used to color with Pastels on "glossy cardstock". You're like, how do you do that? Actually, if you rub on the pastels really well on to glossy cardstock, it "stains" the cardstock really nicely and add shading by watercoloring with water based markers, you can actually color on glossy cardstock.

With the pumpkin images, after I had colored the images with Pastels, I went over it with "Crystal Effects". Back then, I was a big fan of using SU "Crystal Effects" to give my images an epoxy look to them.

Anyway, check out the tutorial on coloring with pastels and markers on glossy cardstock. Try it out and let me know it worked out for you. The results are a little bit more subtle than if you colored with Copic markers but it's really nice because the image results in a slight glossy appearance.





Here is a close up of the pumpkins with the SU "Crystal Effects" applied.

Card Details:

Stamp: Pumpkins (unknown), SU Happy Fall Y'all
Paper: DVWV Fall Stack, SU Only Orange, Certainly Celery, Eggplant Envy
Ink: SU Pastels, Copic markers, SU Basic Black
Accessories: Making Memories Ribbon, Marvy 3" scallop punch, 2" Circle Punch, Martha Stewart Border Punch Sakura Opaque Pen, SU Crystal Effects, SU Key Tag Punch

9 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Lovin this cool, cool, cool.

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

WAY too cute! I can't get enough of that tutorial. Love the way you do this watercolouring. It looks so exquisite! :o)

Deb Neerman said...

WoWzA, great tutorial!!! I love seeing stampers using all the "old" (read: pre-Copic), coloring techniques. Thanks so much for doing this!

Once quick l'il question: you didn't happen to have a smallish earthquake during filming, did you?!?

Your pumpkin card is to-die-for!!! I'm in love with that card and plan on proposing to it as soon as I find a suitable ring. Perhaps one of Mel's silver bird connectors would do ...

LOLO! TFS your awesome talent with us; you ROCKETH!!

~Hugs, Deb

Becky G said...

This is such a fun card, Maria! I love the video tutorial! Makes me wanna break out my pastels and glossy card stock.

Becky said...

this is so cute

Tonniece said...

Wow, Maria, this is stinking cute. I really like the no copic thingy too, as I don't own any.
Thanks for the tutorial too, so easy peasy with such great results.

Yup really love this card.

Happy Friday

specialcraftmom4 said...

Very cute! Thanks for the video tutorial (:

Risa said...

Very cute card and I love the Crystal Effects....the shine is awesome!
TFS the wonderful tutorial Maria!

kathleenh said...

Thanks for the tutorial Maria. You are great at coloring regardless of the medium!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |