Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Little C's Weekly Challenge #14 - Aloha Hanna

Hi Everyone!! Oh, my gosh. . .I totally forgot it was Tuesday! Tuesday is the start of Jen's Litttle C's Weekly Challenge #14!! Sorry Jen! What's this week challenge? Well, the challenge is to follow the sketch below and you cannot use any sentiment on your card! Okay simple enough. . .therefore, I expect all of you to play along!! LOL! Be sure to stop by Jen's store Little C's Stamps n' Things and be sure to check out the Little C's blog site for more details of this challenge. Jen is also having a major sale going on . . . 35% off your total purchase! Whoohoo!



I purchased this really cute Hanna stamp set from Little C's Stamps n' Things.


Okay. . .while coloring Hanna's skirt, I noticed something veeeeerry peculiar about it. I was like "wait a minute. . .Hanna's underwear and upper thighs are showing!" No way! Yup! Now that's indecent.

So. . .I decided to color her underwear and thighs green because well, I'm sorry but no hoochie Hanna on my blog! LOL! Sorry but my blog is a kid friendly blog. . .we can't have no peek-a-boo underwear showing.

Besides, Hanna comes from a decent Hawaiian home. . .what would her mother think, huh! Seriously, in real life, this wouldn't happen. The vast majority of hula dancers in Hawaii are kids and can you imagine if their underwear were showing. Actually, with this type of grass skirts, there would be an inner lining under the skirt so there's no way your underwear would show.


I showed my husband the stamp and told him that Hanna's underwear is showing and he was like "it's a stamp!!" I know it's a stamp. . .duhhh! I was like "do you think a man designed this particular Hanna?" LOL!! My poor husband thinks I always think of the weirdest things!!


Oh, another thing. . .this particular Hanna stamp set comes with a cute pig image and initially, I was going to use it but then I looked at it and decided not to. Why? Well. . .we all know what a pig at a luau means, right? Yup. . . .even if' it's a cute pig. . .well, it's a dead pig! Argggghhhh!!


You know I'm just kidding around. This is a lovely stamp set! It was really fun to create a card with it because I'm from Hawaii!!

Just a little info about my card. . .I colored Hanna and the background with my Copic markers. I added the small flower embellishments by Jolee by You and I drew in the stems and leaves

I added the Prima flowers to follow the sketch and added micro beads to the center.

I don't know if you can see it but the ribbon has a little bit of silver sparkles.

Anyway, be sure to check out the other challenge cards by these talented ladies:

Adventures with Scrapbook Mama - Ellie
Life's Simple Pleasures - Risa
Stamping Spot Studio - Jean
Big Ideas Fr A Little Girl - Teri

Little C's Blog - Jen

Card Details:

Stamp: Hanna Stamps
Paper: SU Cool Caribbean , Wild Wasabi, Sunny Yellow, K&Co designer paper
Ink: Copic Markers
Accessories: Prima flowers, micro beads, Jolee by You flower embellishment, Fiskar "Cloud" scissors, ribbon (unknown)









13 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Love Hanna she is lookin so good.

Risa said...

You are so funny Maria! I had no idea Hanna's underwear showed through. Anyhow....Your card is beautiful and I love the micro-beads on the flowers! Very pretty!!!
Risa:)
Thanks for the story about the hula dancers, very interesting!

Teri said...

Hi maria! haha! Last week when I used this Hula Hanna, I colored it all green assuming that it was just her hula skirt and then I looked at other sites and noticed that they colored and defined her underwear! I couldn't even follow where her legs were. It's a cute stamp though and I never thought about the pig!

Little C's Creations said...

hahahahahahaha.... totally love your decent Hawaiian Hanna. Well, you know how it is here, they wear undies that match the skirt so no can tell anyways. love your take on the sketch.... glad you had a lot of fun making this one - so Hawaiian, even the ds paper!!

Hugs,
Jen

Jean said...

Hoochie Hanna? Lol! You crack me up! Great card, too!!

2 Worlds said...

You're funny
great card

Ila said...

First thing I thought when I saw this card was "ooh la la"...even though you hid the underwear...lol..Love this card....all the accents and glitz you added makes it Fabulous!!...and I always love reading your blog..LOL!!

specialcraftmom4 said...

I think that you did the modest thing in covering up Hannah's panties (: I would do that too!
I love the DP, ribbon and flowers!

Elena said...

Your card is so beautiful! Love the embellishments and a flower on Hanna's head!
I like to read your stories! You always bring a smile!

Misty said...

What an amazing card. Love the colors.

Savitri said...

What a fun card!!! So bright and love the Aloha girl!

Anonymous said...

Pretty card! I love this hula hanna surrounded by flowers.

Rita said...

Your too funny girl! I love your card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |