Thursday, July 19, 2007

TIC Day #5 - Tuesdays Inspirational Challenge - "Scrappy Card" Sample

If interested in participating in this week's challenge. . .click here.

Good morning folks! Here is a sample "Scrappy Card" I made for this challenge. It's just to give you an idea what you can make with this challenge. I made another one on Card Inspired so check it out if you'd like to see another sample.

This card is a "scrappy card" for my step-son who is now 17 years old. The stamp set I used for this card is the "Around the Block" set which I believe was a hostess set the previous year.

I didn't want to make it too cutesy because it's for a boy. It's really hard not make a card that has a lot of frilly stuff but I held myself back and made a card appropriate for a boy.

Front of card details:

Stamp: Around the Block
Ink: More Mustard, Tempting Turquoise
Paper: Summer Sun, Tempting Turquoise, DCWV scrapbook Paper
Accessories: Craft Robo (scallop oval), metal star embellishment (unknown) Basic Basic ribbon, JoAnn brads, Fiskar "Cloud" scissors


Here is the inside of the card. I was inspired by Anton's picture that was taken when he 11 years old. Actually he was 10 but was turning 11. The picture was taken in March of 2001 on a trip to the "Big Island" of Hawaii.

I found a picture which was taken on the same month 6 years later. . .in the picture to the right, he was 16 years old. The picture was taken during our trip to Washington DC. I thought the picture was a great comparison to how he looked then and how he looked the same time 6 years later.

The backgrounds are similar. I changed the "little boy" picture to black and white. The "big boy" is a colored picture but he was wearing black and white.

After I finished it, I showed it to him and he loved it. He liked the little boy and big boy comparisons. It's amazing in how his looks changed quite a bit.

2 comments:

Tracy.H said...

Beautiful card, Maria! No wonder he liked it ;0)

Teri said...

Maria, I love this card! So unique being round!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |