Friday, September 21, 2007

October Card Sampler of the Month

Good Afternoon Everyone. What's a card sampler? Well, typically I don't
blog my samplers because I usually forget to do so. I usually make a card out of them and forget to take a picture of the sampler itself before I send it out to my customers.

Each month I give my "active" customers what I call card samplers or project samplers to highlight or provide a sample of an image or images of a current stamp set to give my customers card ideas.

The samplers are decorated stamped images usually ATC size, round like the one shown below, or sometimes card fronts, templates, or even full cards depending on what I want to feature for the month. If I want to feature a color combo such as the "in colors", I'll send out full cards.

I not only highlight the stamp set but also accessories such a embossing powders, crystal effects, brads, ribbons, whatever. It's a great way for customers to actually touch and feel the accessories. I would then make a card using the sampler and let my customer's know I blogged it so they can have an idea on what to create with the sampler. Many of my customers are out of state so it's a great way to show them what can be created with the stamp set because I can't "physically" show them in person.

I decided that I'm going to blog the following month's sampler and have my customers take a look at them in advance. This is October's Card Sampler of the month. I wanted to highlight the "Flaky Friends" stamp set. I haven't had a chance to buy the newer holiday stamp sets so I had to use an older but current one. Because Christmas is right around the corner, I wanted to feature a "Christmas" stamp set. My holiday order should be coming in soon so I can start working on the newer current sets. It's a killer when the old stamp sets retire. As demonstrators, like any other customer, we have to "buy" the stamp sets that we demonstrate to y'all and when the stamp sets retire, well we have to dig deep into our pockets to "rebuild" our collection. It's tough.

To create the fluffy snow, I used Liquid Applique and heat embossed it. I colored the image with markers and applied Crystal Effects over the colored areas. I stamped the background with the small snowflakes and applied Stickler Glitters on selected areas.




Card Details:
Stamp set: Flaky Friends
Ink: SU Markers - Ballet Blue, Regal Rose, Sage Shadow, Summer Sun
Paper: Whisper White, Ballet Blue, Provocraft Designer Paper
Accessories: Crystal Effects, Organdy ribbon, Liquid Applique, Stickles Glitter, Fiskar "Scallop" Scissors, JoAnn Brads


4 comments:

Tracy.H said...

Wow, Maria! What a great thing to give your customers! This set is so cute too! Still have not gotten this one myself... :0)

Lori said...

Maria:
This is such a great idea :) WHAT AN INSPIRATION!! Again, thanks for sharing.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

What a nice idea to give your active customers samplers. Very creative indeed. I like this card. The layout is lovely and one in which I will put to use.

Anonymous said...

Great card... love the lay-out and the circle frame... You are so nice to give something like that to your customers. TFS!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |