Thursday, September 6, 2007

Random Card - Thanksgiving Card - Retired Stamp Set "Fantastic Foliage"


Here's a simple card I made using the Polish Stone Technique using Adirondack Alcohol Inks by Ranger. It suppose to be a fall card but I ended up with Christmas colors when I combined the inks together. Oh, well.

It was fun making this card. I tried to keep it as simple as possible so not to cover up the background colors.

Do you remember the stamp set "Fantastic Foliage"? I think it retired last year or the year before that. It's a great fall stamp set. Hope yah folks kept yours. Although SU has a lot of great new designs in this years catalog, the classics are just that,. . . . 'classics". It never gets old regardless of the amount of years it's been retired.

I made this card for a fall swap I participated in.

Hope y'all are having a great day!!




Card Details:

Stamp sets: Fantastic Foliage, Holidays & Wishes
Ink: Adirondack Alcohol Inks, Hunter Green, Copper Leaf Pen
Paper: Glossy White, Garden Green
Accessories: American Traditional Designs Ribbons, JoAnn copper brads

3 comments:

Dana said...

Oh wow! I love the use of AIs here. Great colors and a great sketch too. I might have to play!

Anonymous said...

Great card.. love the BGs especially the deep red one... great technique... love the ribbon combo. TFS!

Anonymous said...

This card is gorgeous as are all your cards. I have heaps of polished stone b/g's that I think may be used to try out this layout even if it isn't using leaves as the main image.

I can't wait to see what you have made when I see another entry on your blog come up on my computer. I always feel inspired whenever I see yet another one of your beautiful cards that you so freely share with us.

Thanks heaps for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |