Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas Projects

Here are projects I managed to create for Christmas before I got sick. Fortunately, I was able to finish them. I made them for my "Pay it Forward" recipients. . .Michelle (Come Stamp With Me), Jen (Pieces of Me) and Gabby (Confessions of A Stamper). I think all of them received their goodies.

Cocoa pocket card. Instructions below (pink version).





















Envelope bag with box of coffee. Scroll down to the pink version of this project for the instructions.




















An altered monogram notebook.
Materials:
Paper: DCWV Luxury paper, DCWV texutred cardstock, SU Cool Caribbean
Accessories: Grosgrain ribbon, organdy ribbon, Modge Podge
Instructions:
1. Cover the front and back of the notebook using Modge Podge
2. Tie ribbons around the spiral bind.
3. Decorate as desired.









I created this card using the "cracked glass" technique. See below (pink cards) for the instructions on the card. All the cards were made using the same materials but using different colors.












This is the gift pack I sent to my "Pay it forward recipients". This set is pink. The set included an altered monogram notebook, handmade card with a gift card, coffee pack inside an envelope baggie, coffee pocket card, pocket card with recipe.









These cocoa pocket cards were made using a regular mailing envelope.

Instructions:

1. Seal a mailing envelope (business size).
2. Measure the length of your cocoa or coffee packet.
3. Cut the envelope about 1/2" longer than the length of your cocoa or coffee packet.
4. Punch a hole at the top center (at the opening) using a slot punch. or a 1/4" or 3/8" circle punch.
5. Run a ribbon through the holes from front to the back of the envelope.
6. Insert your cocoa or coffee packet completely into the pocket.
7. Tie the ribbon at the top with the cocoa or coffee packet inside the pocket.
8. Decorate the pocket as desired.


I made these baggies using a large envelope. The Starbucks coffee fit perfectly into the "bag".

Instructions:

1. Seal an A8 size envelope (large greeting card envelope) and cut the upper right and left corner of the envelope leaving a strip of the envelope to create the handle.
2. Stamp the envelope and decorate as desired.
3. Tie a tag at the front of the handle.
4. To create the band around the box, seal an A8 size envelope.
5. Cut horizontally a strip of the envelope.
6. Cut the length of the envelope so you end up with a long strip.
7 Reseal the envelope to fit around your box.
8. Stamp and decorate the strip.
9. Insert the box into the strip to create a wrap around your box.




Card Recipe:
Stamp: SU Snowflakes, Inkadinkado sentimentPaper: SU Purely Pomegranate, Whisper White, Bravo Burgundy, DCWV Holiday Collection designer paper. glossy cardstockInk: Bravo Burgundy Craft Ink, Purely Pomegranate, VersamarkAccessories: UTEE embossing powder, Stickles glitter, 5/8" organdy ribbon

Instructions:

1. Technique used for snowflake background is "Cracked Glass". Follow the tutorial on SCS.
2. Stamp the snowflake using the SU Bravo Burgundy Craft Ink, heat emboss with clear UTEE embossing powder.
3. Apply stickles glitter to the snowflake.
4. Cut out the snowflake and mount to the decorated card base using foam tape.



11 comments:

pescbrico said...

Wow you were very productive and it's all beautiful! :)

Unknown said...

This is just another reason I check back daily to see what you have created! Thank you for taking the time to share your artwork!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

WOW! Gorgeous projects!!

Little C's Creations said...

I'm so happy and honored to have received your great work, Maria!!! These are AWESOME!!!! You are the bomb!!!!

Hugs,
JEn

Tracy.H said...

These are beautiful, Maria!! :0)

2 Worlds said...

This project looks great Maria, and ur picture too, I think actually you look younger.

Shannon McGann said...

These are stunning!

Gabby said...

Maria...I have to say that the pictures of all you made for the PIF do them NO justice at all!!! Just being lucky enough to see everything up close and hold it and touch it...well, it's out of this world! Even my hubby, kids, and mom were drooling over it! I swear woman...you should have your own show! Thanks so much for being a WONDERFUL pal! Now to see how I'll go on after this for my recipients! LOL!

Learn to Stamp and Scrap with Lynn said...

Very beautiful projects! Thanks so much for sharing.

Happy New Year from a fellow SBS2 blogger!

Lynn

michelle sturgeon said...

I did recieve my package yesterday and i was in love with all the cracked glass! I posted it on my blog today.
OK, I must have misunderstood...am I to PIF THREE people, or ONE person? (I thought one, but if it's 3, I'll start emailing people!)

Cathrine StClair said...

These are just beautiful Maria! I love the cracked glass with the snowflake images. Perfect!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |