Saturday, December 29, 2007

Showing Off!! Sorry, I Just Had To. . .

Hey Everybody!!! I just had to show off my Christmas gifts. Am I being tacky for posting them? I don't mean to be. . .I'm just happy that I received them.

I'm really not a materalistic person but when it comes to crafting, I'm nuts about it. I don't buy expensive clothes, jewelry, shoes. . .as a matter of fact, I don't buy anything but craft stuff for myself.

I really wanted a set of the Copic 72 sketch marker and what did my husband do? He bought me the WHOLE SHABANG! Okay. . .I actually cried when I opened the box. LOL! I was expecting one set. But no. . .he bought all of the colors and more. . .the air brush tool, multi-liners, the regular Copic markers, the broad markers, refills, non-bleed drawing pads, and extra nibs. Honestly, I really didn't need ALL of them but hey, I'm not complaining. I guess I will need to do a lot coloring before they dry up, huh!

I organized the markers by color and number. It's much easier to have them organized by number. I do recommend that you hold the containers with large rubber bands shown in the picture. Why? Well, I've picked up the containers upside down on two occasion and all the pens fell out of their slots and it's a major pain to return the markers into their slots. I also received a bunch of other stuff including a photo studio box. Here are a few of the other stuff I got for Christmas.

Here is my new flat screen TV/DVD player for my craft room and my digi video recorder. My other regular TV took up too much space. The digital video recorder is fabulous because I now can record my tutorials on a small video recorder with more memory. I previously used my digital camera which took up a lot of my memory.















Here's a picture of my new crafting table I got for Christmas. I still have my other stamping desk but this one is the tall ones. . .you know . . .the scrapbooking type of tables. The height of the table is counter height and it has two open area and shelves to the left and right of the table. It's the type of table that you stand up to craft or sit on a high stool.

I placed it smack dab in the middle of my room. I love it. When I work on the table, I stand and stamp. On the other side is my stool and I do my scrapbooking on that side. It's a big square table so I have a lot of room to do both stamping and scrapping.
I actually was going to buy the craft table myself when I saved enough money but now I don't have to! Whoohoo!


The craft table has a drawer that pulls out and the front pulls down. I store my Scor-pal in there. Under the desk is my scraps in a file folder and file where my SU cardstock used to be stored.











The left side of my craft table contains scrapbook paper and all my SU cardstock that I chose to keep upstairs in my room. The rest of my designer papers are stored in the garage gathering dust. The organizer contains my stamped images that I store for future use.

The SU cardstocks were previously in file folders and contained in a pull out filer. My scraps are now in the pull out filer.













This is the right shelving of my desk. It contains my unmounted stamps contained in folders. My goal is to put at least 50% of all my wood mounted stamps in these type of folders. I'm planning to change out the majority of my plastic containers to the large wicker baskets shown in the picture. It just looks so much prettier than the clear containers. An antique store in my neighborhood was selling the large ones for $1.00 a piece and the small ones for 20 cents. Well, I can't pass up a GOOD sale so I bought about 20 of the large baskets and about 15 of the smaller ones. Hey, it was a steal!!!

32 comments:

Tracy.H said...

WOW!!! I think I would cry too!! Have fun with all your new toys!! Can't wait to see what you do with them. :0)

Anonymous said...

Wow! What great gifts you received! Have FUN playing with all your new toys!

Rita said...

WOWIE!!! Look at you, what awesome gifts from hubby, lucky girl you! All those copics too whew! You must be in seventh heaven girl!!! I luv your desk, very functional. How do you like it? I'm really happy for you. I got alot of scrap supplies & tools, I got some nesties, ATG, stamps,etc. Luv getting stamp stuff.

Sonya said...

Thats great Maria! I know I would have cried..lol have fun playing with it all.

Anonymous said...

ok, you are definitely blessed! I have a hint from Dee Gruenig...she glued the lids of her markers in a container (Her's was acrylic) and they were ready to pull out with one hand and play...would that work with this container?
love the desk..
DebiNicol

Jackie said...

Wow - what a lucky girl you are! Those are some awesome gifts and I know you are having fun with them all.

Anonymous said...

Double WOW, you got some awesome gifts. Have fun with them. Can't wait to see some of you finished products using the markers and other goodies.
JoAnn B.

Pegg S said...

Have fun with your new goodies!! Your husband is so sweet and obviously knows how to make you happy. That's sweet!

Shannon McGann said...

WOW! What fantastic gifts! I can't believe your DH gave you all the copic marker sets! You are going to have so much fun!!! I can't wait to see your new creations.

Anonymous said...

Hey Maria--so glad you are back to posting after the holidays. I have been gone since the 21st and just now got on line for the first time. 8 days w/o internet is a nice break but I missed your blog. Your gifts look like so much fun, can't wait to see what you share with all of us. Darlene

Teri said...

Holy smokes GF!! What an awesome gift! You deserve it all! Can't wait to see what projects you have in store for us to see in 2008. Happy New Year!! hugs, Teri

Little C's Creations said...

Maria, you show off... hahahhaa - I love it!!! These are the kinda gifts I LOVE!!!! Not tacky at all - you are truly from Hawaii. Gotta share and show all the love you got!!! See - at least your hubby knows what a great wife and mom you are, cause you deserve the best, and that is exactly what you got - the best. I love the new digi cam, and the new tables - I know what you mean about the height, sometimes I have to craft on my kitchen counters to feel comfy. I totally love the NEW Copic Pens!!!! If you have doubles - or know certain inks that might not be used... you have my addy, ya?! What a lucky, lucky girl you are this Christmas. Talk about a major "blog candy treat" from your hubby, huh?!!

Enjoy!!!!

Hugs n' Aloha,
Jen

CreativeJeaux said...

OMG! that's the exact table I was going to buy.. and the markers and accessories too! Too bad I don't have a DH yet! ;)

L.A. said...

What a wonderful gift to receive! I'll look forward to seeing what you create with them.

Have a Happy and Healthy New Year!

Lori SBS2

Unknown said...

WOW, I would have cried too for sure. And I'm sure you deserved all the beautiful gifts!
Diane

Diane said...

OMG Maria!! That is wonderful!! It's nice to see your hubby loves you like that!!! Have fun with all
your goodies,can't wait to see your new creations!!!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Wowzers. Clearly I did not grasp the concept of how big this present was when I read your last post. Holy moley, that's a huge load. I'm so, so happy for you. And that TV. Wow. It is obvious that your husband loves you, and supports your "hobby" and "business."

beachgirlscrappin said...

Maria:

I do not think that you are being tacky for showing us what you received for Christmas. I love to see and hear what people receive for Christmas. It is so nice that your husband supports your business/hobby and surprised you with all of these wonderful goodies. Thank you for sharing them with all of us..

Carol Lee

Gabby said...

OK...I am officially jealous!!!! I even "whinned" to hubby about how all he got me was a frickin camera...LOL! You are set huh? I've always said I never really wanted Copics...but who am I kidding...that's my wish...but my hubby is NOT that generous...lol. He said "Hey, I already bought you a triplex and a home in Riverside county!" I can't craft with that!!! LOL!!! Have fun with your new toys!

Anonymous said...

OMG I would have passed out. You are SO lucky!!! What a wonderful Christmas!!! can't wait to see all that you create. I Love your desk! I just keep staring at all those beautiful copics!!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

You got some yummy presents girl! Enjoy them! Love the desk... very organized... wish mine was like that... :o)

Bonnie said...

Oh my goodness!! You are so lucky.....wait a minute I am supposed to be lucky :)!!
You will absolutely love them!!

Betsy said...

Great presents!! I would have cried too!! Great husband!!
One thought, I've always heard to store your markers on their sides...with an investment like the Copics I'm sure you'll do what ever is recommended for them. I'm jealous!
Happy new Year!

Ila said...

Wow!! Lucky you...that is a Super Gift hubby bought you. I'm looking forward to seeing your creations with these markers. Your crafting table ect looks awesome.
I'm the same way in the money department...I'd rather buy craft stuff...lol..(if you see a chubby half naked lady walking down the street carrying Michaels bags..haa ha..you know who it is)
Happy New Year!!!

Deborah said...

Wow~!! Now that is an awesome lot of presents. I am impressed.

kathleenh said...

You are a lucky lady! Have fun with all of your new stamping goodies!

Michelle Pearson said...

Wowza....That there looks like a hoot! Enjoy all your new stuff. It's lovely to have a hubby who knows just what you'll love and enjoy. Happy New Year!!

AdriansCrazyLife said...

Wow, you are a lucky ducky! I got a couple of sweaters, a pair of jeans, and a book!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my goodness girl...what a fantastic Christmas you had! I can't wait to see you colouring with those Copics! Love the new desk too...love the dark rich colour!

Godchick said...

WOW!!! What a great Christmas gift!

Gail Binette said...

What a sweet, sweet man you have there. He must think you are very special and deserving of such wonderful gifts. Good for you!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a wonderful man. You will really enjoy them when you get going. I thought I had quite a few (64), but I can well believe you did cry when you opened them.

I can recommend the COPIC marker carry case, which holds 24 each for going out and about crafting. The beauty is that they fold into a triangle, and velcro together. When the light is better tomorrow I will take picture of mine so you can see what I mean.

Happy colouring.
Kay
www.stampgalaxy.wordpress.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |