Thursday, September 6, 2007

Random Card - Thanksgiving Card - Retired Stamp Set "Fantastic Foliage"


Here's a simple card I made using the Polish Stone Technique using Adirondack Alcohol Inks by Ranger. It suppose to be a fall card but I ended up with Christmas colors when I combined the inks together. Oh, well.

It was fun making this card. I tried to keep it as simple as possible so not to cover up the background colors.

Do you remember the stamp set "Fantastic Foliage"? I think it retired last year or the year before that. It's a great fall stamp set. Hope yah folks kept yours. Although SU has a lot of great new designs in this years catalog, the classics are just that,. . . . 'classics". It never gets old regardless of the amount of years it's been retired.

I made this card for a fall swap I participated in.

Hope y'all are having a great day!!




Card Details:

Stamp sets: Fantastic Foliage, Holidays & Wishes
Ink: Adirondack Alcohol Inks, Hunter Green, Copper Leaf Pen
Paper: Glossy White, Garden Green
Accessories: American Traditional Designs Ribbons, JoAnn copper brads

3 comments:

Dana said...

Oh wow! I love the use of AIs here. Great colors and a great sketch too. I might have to play!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Great card.. love the BGs especially the deep red one... great technique... love the ribbon combo. TFS!

sandie c said...

This card is gorgeous as are all your cards. I have heaps of polished stone b/g's that I think may be used to try out this layout even if it isn't using leaves as the main image.

I can't wait to see what you have made when I see another entry on your blog come up on my computer. I always feel inspired whenever I see yet another one of your beautiful cards that you so freely share with us.

Thanks heaps for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |