Saturday, September 4, 2010

Crazy 4 Challenges C4C53 - Book Challenge

Hello Friends! Hey it's Crazy 4 Challenges time again and ooh, this week's challenge is just my speed! Joycelyn came up with a fun challenge because well. . .it's one of my many favorite hobbies. . . .reading. Your challenge is to create anything 'Book Related'! So that can be a bookmark, a stamp image with books, or even a card inspired by a favorite book! Have fun with this challenge and get lost in the world of books!

Some of you may have read on Vicki Garrett's blog last week that she has decided to do less design team work so she can concentrate on doing classes. We are very sad to see her leave us, as Vicki was one of the co-founders of Crazy 4 Challenges.

I would also like to introduce you to our newest member to join the Crazies .... Tammy Hershberger. Please help us give Tammy a big welcome!

Check out the awesome cards the design team created:

* Barbara Anders
* Cindy Haffner
* Frances Byrne
* Jessie Rone
* Joanne Grzelak
* Joycelyn Pelkey
Lynda Benden
* Angela Wood
*Silke Ledlow
* Silke Kittmann
* Tammy Hershberger


I actually wanted to create a card with a favorite book in mind but well, I couldn't decide which book. . I have too many. LOL! So. . .I decided to use the Greeting Farm image that has a book image on it. It worked out perfectly for this challenge.

I colored my image with my Copic Markers. ..what's new, huh? LOL! Nothing much else to my card but basically layering card stock and designer paper, adding ribbons and embellishments. Yadah, yadah, yadah. I think I need to start doing something different. I wish I was more motivated to step outside my cozy box but right now my crafting mojo is in half speed, basically 1st gear. . .well, the easiest way to create a card is best right now. It's a bit sad because there was a time when I would wake up first thing in the morning and try to come up with something new. I even went to bed thinking of what I'll create the next morning. I miss those days. Sorry about the whining. . .I'll get back to my old self soon. . .:)

The good news is that I've transferred that enthusiasm towards crocheting and ultimately, sewing when I can find the time to actually sew something. My husband bought me a sewing machine for my birthday and well. . . I have not created a single stitch on it. Having too many hobbies can be a problem sometimes but I'm not complaining. I'm glad I have a lot of hobbies. . .it keeps my mind preoccupied. Crazy things happen when I'm bored so thank God for all my hobbies. . .ask my husband, he knows. . .LOL!

Okay before I end this crazy long post. . .I want to list some of the books I've read in the past month or so. I read a lot. . .sometimes I can finish a book in a day or two. . .

Here are books I recommend:


OMG! The Undead (Queen Betsy) series books by MaryJanice Davidson are HILARIOUS! If you like LOL type of books well, this series will make you chuckle. Just don't read it in public because you may just laugh out loud and people will think you're strange. There are 9 books in this series. . .I'm on the 4th book right now. It's a funny take on vampires. . .it's a major girly girl type of story . . .many of you will be able to relate to the main character. . .:)

This book is about an old 90+ year old man reminiscing about his young days working at a circus. It's a heart warming book with a happy ending. This book is actually being adapted into a movie starring Rob Pattison (Twilight) and Reese Witherspoon. I do recommend this book. . it's very well written.

OMG! I loved, loved this book. This book is under the gothic suspense genre but it's not really a ghost story. It is twisted though. . .very twisted. LOL! It's beautifully written and considering it's a first book by Diane Setterfield, well. . .she did a wonderful job. If you like reading literary novels, you'll love how this book was written.

This book is one of the best books I've read this year. If you saw the movie and have not read the book, well. . . you are missing out on the emotional and riveting aspects of the story that the movie was not able to capture. The story is vividly descriptive, emotional, and quite tragic and I highly recommend this book even if you've already seen the movie. . .actually. . .read it especially if you saw the movie. You'll understand the main character, Amir, a lot better. . .:)

I'm currently reading this book. Unlike the typical Stephen King books, this one is a bit more "fantastical". I'm only on chapter 5 but from reviews I've read, many mentioned that the book is a "fantasy" story. It's about a boy who is able to visit a parallel world and his goal is to save his mother who is dying of cancer. I can't really talk about the book because I haven't finished it but so far, so good.

Anyway. . .sorry for the long post. . .the C4C challenge this week got me started. . .LOL!

Be sure to stop by C4C and play along in the challenge! Before I go, any book recommendations you'd like to add to the one I listed above? I'd love to see what books you recommend. I may look into them. . .:)


Hope you all have a wonderful and blessed Labor Day weekend!


17 comments:

StampOwl said...

adorable card Maria, thanks for all the suggested reading material too :)

Angelwood said...

So gorgeous, Maria! Love the pretty bows and wow your coloring is fabulous!!!!

Thanks for the book reviews! I have the 13th Tale book but haven't read it yet. I better get on it! ;) hugs, Angela

Smita said...

Lovely card.... sure is Sankari's style :)

And yes, Kite Runner was one of the best Asian fiction books I have read... the characters are sooo real.

Smita

Barbara said...

Gorgeous card, Maria!!

Silli said...

Very pretty Maria, I love the cute image! HUGS

Joanne (jojot) said...

I am usually a mystery/thriller reader, but Water for Elephants was FABULOUS...read it a few years back.....looks like you are a voracious reader like I am....

Your card is fabulous....she just looks like she is totally engrossed in that book...and what a wonderful situation to find yourself in, eh???

Riet said...

What a wonderful card Maria,I love the image and the colours.
So beautiful papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Jessica said...

MaryJanice Davidson is one of my favorites. Thinks for the other suggestions. I too read books so much that reading one in a day is not uncommon.

I love this card. The ribbon adds the perfect touch to it.

Silke Ledlow said...

Super cute book inspired card Maria!!! I'm gonna have to check out your featured books...TFS!!! Have a fabulous long weekend!!! Hugs ~S~

Cindy Haffner said...

FABULOUSNESS!!!

Lynda Benden said...

Oh my gosh Maria, what a GREAT image for the challenge! Your card is DARLING!

Nancy said...

What a wonderful card, Can you tell us the name of the image, and the maker of the papers you used? Also, thank you for the book recommendations - always appreciated. I just read Virus Hunters of the CDC (great read), and am starting on a favorite series of my youth - the Cherry Ames nursing series.

Jessie/knightrone said...

So cute!! I have read about half of your suggestions, and loved them. I need to check out the rest!!

Joycelyn Pelkey said...

Oh I've heard that Water for Elephants is good...I'll have to give it a try and maybe recommend it to my book club!! GOrgeous card...that image is so sweet!!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Your card is adorable, Maria! What a cute character... she makes me think of Harry Potter with her spectacles! Great book recommendations, too! I'm going to check those out... I haven't read a really good book in ages!

Anne Tussing said...

Can't wait to check out those books! Thanks! A fun series that I am reading about a "Psychic Eye" is by Victoria Laurie.

Your card is great!! I love how you colored the images and made her glasses shiny!

doris said...

Your card is beautiful!!

xox doris

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |