Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Card Making Marathon Part 2

Hi Friends! Gosh I forgot to post this yesterday! It's the next 6 cards of my card making marathon that I did on Saturday. I actually have one more set to show you but I'll post it tomorrow. If you read my previous post, I had done a card making marathon with the goal of creating 20 cards but only managed to do 15 cards. I posted the other 6 on Sunday.

It was really fun to create the cards! One of my other goal was to use designer papers and rubber stamps that I haven't touched in ages. I really need to do a card making marathon more often. It helped me to focus on getting as many cards done in a day and used materials that I have been hoarding for a while now.

With this card, I used an Inkadinkado stamp and stamped the image directly on to the SU designer paper. I then colored the image using my Copic Markers. To embellish the card I added a pin that I added beads to and stuck it on to the bow. I tied the bow through a medium size Prima flower. That's basically it.

With this set of cards, the goal was to use the SU "Sassy Stem" set. The banner on the top was actually supposed to say "love" but I couldn't find an alpha stamp set or stickers that would fit the triangle shapes. I could have cut the triangles larger but I didn't want to waste the paper so I just added the Prima flowers and the dew drops instead.

Just simple coloring o the image. . .I used my Copic markers to color the image. The designer papers are by SU. It's an old retired design.

Anyway. . .I've been really busy the past few days reorganizing the garage. Gosh, it's been a lot of work but I intend to do it right this time around. I'm 1/3 complete and have been working a few hours a day. I'm hoping I'll be done in a week or two. . .:)

Hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday evening!!


7 comments:

Becky said...

These are just stunning Maria, love the colors.

Diane said...

Those are stunning as always Maria!
Good luck in your garage!!

Sharon said...

Your cards are absolutely FABULOUS Maria. I am stunned by their beauty. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

wow these are really lovely xx jo xx

Monika/Buzsy said...

Gorgeous cards Maria. Love how you stamped on the DP... lovely colors and embellishments. :o) I am into beads these days, but only for embellishing my cards.

rpoulo@hotmail.com said...

These cards are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your marathon inspiration. This got me inspired too!!

Unknown said...

What can i say? your work is stunning.rosie.x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |