Monday, May 23, 2011

Heart Shaped Shabby Chic Tags

Hi Friends! Just a quick post on this shabby chic heart tag set that I just finished creating and listed on Etsy. I think my next project will be a set of handmade cards but I wanted to work on one more tag set.

I cut my card stock with a heart die then stamped the heart image using my Unity Stamp. I rubbed ink around the heart shape to give it a bit of a distressed look then embellished the tags with lace, seam binding, crochet flowers, and faux pearls.

I listed a bunch of these crochet flowers in my Etsy Shop. I had dyed the crochet flowers with Stampin Up Pink Pirouette ink and I did the same with the seam binding so they match.

I stamped the image on to the heart shaped tag then just added all the embellishments.


I also worked on this set of lace flowers. It takes a lot of lace to create the flowers and I had enough lace to only make one set of these flowers. I wish I had purchased more of this lace. . .I think it's pretty.

Honestly, part of the reason why I'm making these lace and fabric flowers is that I have such an abundance of materials. I had this ambitious idea that I could create cards and projects with them but the truth is there isn't enough time in the day to create projects that would allow me to use up all the lace, ribbons, and buttons that I have. I thought that making embellishments will give me somewhat of the satisfaction of actually creating something with them. . . .:)

Okay, that's it for today. Stop by my Etsy store and check out the items I've listed: Inspired & Unscripted

3 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

These are beautiful! You do such gorgeous work on your cards/tags

martina's kaartjes said...

whaaaaaauw ! so pretty !! lovely, romantic creations !
greetings, martina
x

Sudha said...

Wow awesome creations. I luv it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |