Saturday, September 22, 2012

Slouchy Crochet Hats and Beanies

 Hi Friends!  Happy Saturday to all of you!  Thank you for all your kind comments about my cards in my previous posts!  I really appreciate it!  Before I begin, I've been receiving emails regarding some of my SVG files that I've shared.  People have been letting me know that the files are no longer available when they attempt to download them.   I'm really sorry about that.  The web site that I had used to store and share my SVG files deleted all of my files because I had not updated my account.  I'm a little frustrated about that because it takes quite a bit of work to upload them and link them to my blog post.  Furthermore, I would have to look through my computer files and find them and reupload them.  I don't have the time to do that right but I will try to do some of them when I have the chance.  In the mean time, my files will not be available for sharing.  I do apologize for that.

Now to my beanie hat. I've been crocheting beanies the past few days.  With the hat above, I used a mercerized cotton blend (the teal stripes) and merino wool for the gray stripes.  It's very light weight and stretchy so it can be used on warmer days or as a fashion accessory.

 I really love the pattern on this beanie because there are endless color possibilities with this pattern.  I will be posting new crochet hats on Etsy on a regular basis now that winter is approaching. I originally saved my crochet hats to sell at a Farmer's Market near where I live but I'll see how well it does on Etsy first.  I have quite a few of them to sell but it's a matter of listing them.  If you are interested in crochet hats, stop by my Etsy shop regularly and see what new hat I've listed. It does take quite a bit of work to take photos of them and list them so I can only post a few at a time.

 With this beanie, I used a mix of acrylic yarn and wool. 

 This slouchy hat, the base is all wool and around the rim is acrylic.  I didn't have a solid colored wool yarn that matched the base of the hat so I had to use acrylic for that part.  What I love about the slouchy hat is if you pull the rim forward down your forehead, it appears more like a beanie type of hat but not so snug on your head.  If you move the rim back closer to the top of your head as shown in the photo, it has a slouchy appearance.  You can also tuck your hair inside the hat.

 Wool has a fuzzier texture but it's great in keeping your head warm.  It's perfect for winter.

This is my daughter posing with one of the slouchy hats that I made. Sometimes it's hard to visualize how a hat looks without it being modeled on a real person.  I wish she could model all of my hats but she can't so I will have to use my mannequin head to model them instead.  With this hat I used a satin acrylic yarn.  Acrylic yarn are much more durable than natural fiber so the care is much easier.  With acrylic yarn, you can wash them in the washing machine and they usually keep their shape and they resist shrinking.

Anyway, again. . if you're interested in crochet hats. . .please stop by my Etsy shop!  I'm thinking of making a few coffee cup cozies soon.  I have a lot of left over yarn from the hats that I made so they will be perfect for coffee cup cozies!!  

That's it for today!  I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Etsy Shop: Inspired & Unscripted
Like my Facebook Page
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |