Sunday, August 12, 2007

Daily Special - Retired Stamp Set - Nice and Easy Notes

Today's Daily Special is "Retired Stamp Set" and the featured set is "Nice and Easy Notes". Are you the type of person who sells their old stamp sets when the new catalogs come along. Not me. Every stamp set even years back are as valuable to me as the new ones. Unfortunately, I've run out room.

Honestly, I wish Stampin Up would start selling clear stamps. I know many stampers don't like clear stamps but I don't think there's much of a difference in the quality. It's just a matter of getting used to it and it's not that much work to mount them on the blocks. I like the fact that you can rearrange clear stamps on one acrylic block and have a different look. I, especially love the fact that I can store my clear stamp sets in binders as well as file them. I actually file a bunch right in front of my desk and pull them out right in front of me when I need a particular stamp.

Anyway. . .to create the scallops. . .I'm sure y'all know by now, I used the "slit" punch. It creates such a cute scallop. The circle scallop shape was created by my Craft Robo. I colored the images with Prismacolor Pencils .


Card Details:
Stamp Set: Nice and Easy Notes
Paper: Orchid Opulence, Green Galore, Eggplant Envy, DCWV Glitter Designer Paper
Ink: Prismacolor Pencils with Gamsol, Sakura Souffle Gel Pen
Accessories: Making Memories ribbon, JoAnn Scrap Essential brads

5 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

What a lovely card, the color combo and stamp are great. I have converted all my rubber stamps, including SU to cling stamps, it is amazing when you get rid of the wood blocks how much more room you have.

2 Worlds said...

Maria I agree thats why I could not afford SU I live in apt. But rubber unmounted is always better than acrylic, acrylic doesnt make a good mark doesnt matter the brand rubber is always better.
I loved this card is really beautiful.

Little C's Creations said...

hey girl, I'm totally like you - every stamp is valuable to me, and I bought them because of the way it makes me feel every single time I look at it - it gives me the same feeling of "yea, I love this stamp"...hahaha, and I just can't let them go!!! I'm not getting rid of any of my SU! stamps - the one I get rid of are doubles.... we sure love the same things!!!

Very pretty card, btw... love all that is going on here.

have a grand Monday!!!

hugs n' aloha,
Jen

Moosisk said...

I totally agree with you about the retired sets. I can't seem to part with any of my stamps, no matter how old. I, too, have started to purchase more clear and unmounteds on cling. I have no more room for those darn wood-mounted stamps. I now "gasp" mount my Stampin' Up stamps on the new thin EZ-Mount. That stuff is great! I then just put them in CD cases or binders.

Dawn Easton said...

Another fantastic card and sketch Maria!!! Can't wait to give this one a go tomorrow!!
I LOVE ALL of my stamps and really don't like to sell if I don't have to. Even my husband wonders why I would sell something that I said I HAD to have at one time or another...LOL.
I don't have many clear stamps but a binder sounds like a good plan...thanks for the tip!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |