Thursday, August 30, 2007

Random Cards - More Halloween Cards

I can't believe it but I actually made two cards in a day! That's a cause to celebrate!! Haha! Yeah, I've been seriously slacking as far as making cards. I try to make at least one card a day and if I manage to make more than one, I feel I've accomplished something.

Just a simple card. . .nothing exciting about it. I don't know if you noticed but I use a lot of retired stamp sets. Why? Because I have a lot retired stamp sets. Yup!!

I don't re-sell my stamp sets once they retire. . .I'm not one of those that no longer find value in them because they no longer are current. Another reason is why I use a lot of retired stamp sets is I only have a limited amount of "current" stamp sets. None of which are Halloween stamps. How many Halloween stamps do I need? I have stamps up to my neck and I no longer have space. I've moved a lot of my stamps into the garage and I don't know what to do with the space issue. I will have to get rid of some of my stamps to make room for newer ones but I don't want to get rid of them. Another way to solve the problem is not to buy too many stamps so, there yah go. . .

Anyway, it's not about the image, it's about the layout and overall design. All you need to do is substitute the image for another similar image that you have.

I just realized that I did not add a sentiment to the card. I will need to fix that. I don't know why but I have this need to add a sentiment to every card I make.

Anyway. . I colored the image, as always, with Prismacolor Pencils and outlined the image with Prismacolor Markers. The cat was mounted with dimensionals to give it a 3D appearance.




Card Details:



Stamp Set: Stitched Witch
Ink: Prismacolor Pencils and Markers
Paper: Only Orange, Glorious Green, DCWV Fall Stack
Accessories: Grosgrain Ribbon, Hemp Cord, JoAnn Brads



Here is a card basically using the same materials and colors that I used with the first card. Again, I colored the image using Prismacolor Pencils and outlined the image using Prismacolor Markers. Nothing much else to the card but layering the layout.





Card Details:

Stamp Set: A Haunting We Will Go
Ink: Prismacolor Pencils with Gamsol
Paper: DCWV Fall Stack, Only Orange, Lovely Lilac
Accessories: JoAnn brads, Metallic Cord, Grosgrain Ribbon, Fibers, 1 1/4 and 1 3/8 circle punch, Crafter's Tool Kit (piercer)

3 comments:

pescbrico said...

I love your Halloween cards! Thanks for visiting my blog!

Crafty in Calgary said...

What a wonderful card, I love all of the details!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I'm not the only person who doesn't want to get rid of their stamps! I feel the same way about their value! (It actually bothers me when people sell them too cheaply because I think it devalues them) After 9+ years though, I am being overrun with stamps!! One thing I did recently to be able to get rid of a few stamp sets was to stamp each image several times onto white cardstock. Then I can keep the images to color in later when I'm ready to make a card but I don't have to keep the set!!

Love your site & I love seeing new samples for old beloved sets!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |