Sunday, January 13, 2008

Whimsical Card and RAK #1


Hi Everybody! I made these cards today and I'm going to give one of them to one of my RAK friends that sent me their address when I had a "Blog Address roll" requesting for my blog readers to email me their mailing address so I can send out RAKs to them throughout the year. I'm thinking of sending 3 to 5 RAKs a month and this is the first one to go out. Because I received so many addresses, I used random number generator to choose the recipient of this card.
I actually colored the image a while ago but only now using the images. When I'm watching TV with my family, I sometimes bring my stamp stuff down into the family room and when there's a commercial, I would color images to store for future use. It's a great way to kill time during commercials.

These images were colored using SU Markers and aquapainter on watercolor paper. I had put the stamp set away and I can't remember the name of the Stampin Up stamp set I used.
Anyone know the name of the set? I don't feel like digging out the stamp set just to figure out the name of the set.

Anyway, I hope the recipient of this card, will like it.



Card Recipe:
Stamp set: main image (unknown), Love Ya Bunches (sentiment)
Paper: SU Pretty in PInk, Old Olive, Autumn Leaves Designer Paper, Watercolor Paper
Ink: SU Markers and Aquapainter
Accesorries: Making Memories Eyelet, Ribbon (Unknown), Heidi Swapp distressing tool, Fiskar scallop scissors


25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maria, your sketch and your sample are gorgeous!!!

pescbrico said...

Of course the person that will received it will like it!! :)
It's beautiful! :)

Bonnie said...

Maria - these are so pretty! They are sure to love it!

Tracy.H said...

Whomever gets this one will be one lucky person! Beautiful, Maria. :0)

Rita said...

What a beautiful card! This stamp is so fantastic & your coloring is fabulous as usual. I just started to play with my Prisma pencils & I think I need to get a better stump. The one I have comes from China & some people have said that those are lousy, what do you use with your pencils?

Alhambra Club said...

These cards are beautiful, I have to try the coloring while watching TV, great way to multi-task.

Connie said...

There is no doubt that the person who receives this card would love it!!! This is beautiful!

jenn* said...

this card is so cute! great colors, love the use of decorative scissors, and that ribbon is delicious!

Unknown said...

These are beautiful!

Becky G said...

Maria, these are beautiful! What a great idea! RAK's are always so much fun!

SBS2
Becky

Anonymous said...

This is just beautiful, looks so fresh and spring like. Love the stamp set I may have to contact my Stampin up person to see about this one. Thanks so much for the wonderful idea.
Karen W

tyrymom29 said...

Stunning!!!!!!!

Dawn Easton said...

Gorgeous Maria! Your colouring of that image is wonderful...WOW!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

These are so, so cute.

AdriansCrazyLife said...

This one looks so familiar, I believe it's the long-retired set Sketches. I've got that one in my "for sale" box because I could never figure out what to do with it, but maybe I'll dig it out and give it another try. This is so pretty!

kathleenh said...

Wow! You have really made this older stamp set new again with the fun papers, ribbon, and all of your wonderful touches.

Janet said...

The name of the set is "Summer By the Sea" by Stampin' Up. It is part of their sketches series that they had several years ago. I bought all the sets. I love them!

Anonymous said...

I want one, I want one :D These cards are just gorgeous! You just get better and better every time I visit! It must be the Copics :D

Bonnie Weiss said...

What's not to love??? It's adorable. Judging from the responses you had for your Blog Address Roll, there are many people who would like to receive a "MARIA ORIGINAL"!

L.A. said...

I am in awe!

Lori SBS2

Risa said...

These cards are adorable! I love that stamp and the cards are very pretty!
malieta:)

Unknown said...

OOoh I love this, its just beautiful

Anonymous said...

I too often stamp and later colour them in batches like you're saying. Why not pencil in on the back when you stamp them what the name of the set is. I do this as I may choose to submit a card for publishing at a later date.
I took 2 groups of cards with me on a 2000 mile trip vacation just now. Whist my husband is driving I do either tea bag folding or form a line stitching. And as I am one of those neurotic people that wake up early (5-6am) even on holidays and my hubby likes to sleep in I took my stamped images and my water colours and coloured them in most mornings after my exercise walk whils waiting for him to join life again!

Cathrine StClair said...

I love the way you did the mattes on these - lovely!

Kimberly said...

Your card is so precious and sweet and I just LOVE LOVE LOVE this sketch!!! Thanks for the inspiration!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |