Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Beaded Lace Book Marker Charm

Hey Friends! I decided to work on a jewelry project yesterday. I haven't worked on any jewelry project for a few weeks now because I've been concentrating on my sewing projects. Rather than creating a necklace or earrings, I decided to create a beaded book marker.

I read a book every night before I go to bed even if it's only a few pages. It's a nightly routine of mine. There are nights when I sometimes can't put down a book. I have, on occasion, stayed up all night reading usually on a weekend knowing I don't have to get up early the next day.

This project is quite simple to make. What I did was cut a lace and sew the ends then attached a ribbon clasp to both ends. I then attached the beads and charm to the ribbon clasps. That's about it. Very simple and it makes for a pretty book marker.

The book marker is a bit short for this book. I had measured the lace to fit a regular paperback book. I'm going to create another one that is a bit longer so it fits nicely with this trade paperback sized book.

Do you like to read? I just finished reading "Jayne Eyre" by Charlotte Bronte. There is a movie coming out and I wanted to read the book before I see the movie. The movie trailer makes it appear that the story is scary with a lot of mystery but it's far from being scary. It's more a romantic story than anything else.

Anyway, that's it for today. . .hope you all have a wonderful Thursday!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |