Friday, April 22, 2011

Vintage Rose Card

Hello Friends! I decided to work on another vintage/shabby chic style card last night. I had a boost of energy later in the evening and decided that it was a perfect time to create another card.

I found the vintage flower image at Vintage Holiday Craft. You can find a ton of free vintage images on this site. I love this site. They have a lot of pretty images.

I basically used the same type of embellishments as the previous card I created (scroll down). I, again, used the dyed seam binding to create the bow, added a trimming and ric rac, layered a few silk flowers and attached a beaded pin.

This time I decided to use my sewing machine and added stitches to the edge of the card. Now that I'm better at sewing, I'm no longer afraid to sew a straight stitch to my card. In the past I would sew a zig zag stitch because I could not sew a straight line. LOL! I added a bit of glitter to the image to give it a little shimmer.

I layered 3 silk flowers and added beads to the flower. I've had these silk flowers for ages and found them in a container in my garage. I have a lot of stuff that from time to time, I want to get rid of but I always feel that some time in the future, they'll become useful or popular again so I'm glad I kept the silk flowers.

Anyway, I hope you all have a blessed Good Friday. .

2 comments:

Karen W said...

Both of these are just gorgeous and thank you for the link. I love vintage and your cards are perfect!

Riet said...

What a wonderful card Maria.

Hugs Riet.xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |