Saturday, April 23, 2011

Crazy 4 Challenges - C4C85 Easter Card

Hello Friends! Happy Saturday!! Well it's Crazy 4 Challenges time again and this time, Silke came up with a challenge to celebrate this weekend's joyous occasion! The challenge is to create an Easter card. Well, now that's simple. . .I can do that! LOL! Okay, this is a long post, which isn't surprising. . . I always have long posts. Before I begin, be sure to stop by the C4C blog and check out the beautiful Easter cards the team created or stop by their individual blogs:


* Barbara Anders
* Cindy Haffner
* Frances Byrne
* Jessie Rone
* Joanne Grzelak
* Joycelyn Pelkey
Lynda Benden
*Silke Ledlow
* Silke Kittmann
* Tammy Hershberger
Vicki Garrett



Alrighty. . .here is the image that I used for my card. I got it from Vintage Holiday Crafts They have a gazillion free vintage images. I'm allowed to share the image as long as I post a link to their site so there ya' go. I really liked this image because it was very whimsical looking.

There are a lot of things going on with my card and I actually did a few techniques this time around which I don't do often anymore. I usually just stick stuff on my card. . .you know, a wham bam thank you mam kind of card but not this time around. . .:)

First I printed the image. . .hey I just noticed something odd about the sentiment. .. the "E" on the word Easter. . .is that just a fancy way of writing the "E" or was that a mistake? It's a vintage image so maybe it was hand written and the person who created the image decided not to fix it. . .who knows! It's funny how one notice these things after I've already created the card. Oh, well no matter. . .it's still a pretty image. .LOL!


I actually created the heart chipboard by cutting the shape on to chipboard using my Sizzix die. I then painted it an off white color using Making Memories Acrylic paint then I added the glitter after the paint dried.


I created the fabric rose using a strip of fabric. I actually made a bunch of them while watching TV with my family. I can't watch TV without doing something else or I end up falling asleep so I create embellishments to keep me alert and awake. Anyway, I've been using these fabric roses on a bunch of my cards and sewn projects such as my bags and fashion accessories. If you want to try it out, I followed the following tutorial. The tutorial uses ribbons but you can use fabric as well. Click Here for the tutorial.

To create the beaded pin, I just added beads to regular sewing pins and added a little glue to the bottom bead to keep them in place.



Last but not least, I again created a rose type Prima by stacking and scrunching my 5 petal Prima flowers together. I dyed the seam binding with my SU Re-inker to give the bow a bit of color. I'm sure you've seen a bunch of tutorials on how to do this but if not, here is one that you can follow. Click Here for the Tutorial I didn't use Glimmer Mist. . .I used plain ole' SU Re-inker and water. . .it's cheaper. If you want to add a bit of shimmer to it. . .just mix a little bit of Pearl Ex or mica powder to the reinker and water mix. .. I do it the cheap way. . LOL! Glimmer Mist are pricey!

Anyway. . .that's it! Sorry for the long post . . .:) Hope you have a beautiful Saturday!

12 comments:

StampOwl said...

gorgeous Easter card Maria, Have a Happy Easter.

Anne Tussing said...

Your card is totally AWESOME!! What a piece of shabby chic wonder! Love the handmade rose, the stickpin, the image and the glittery heart! Thanks for all the terrific links too!

Jane Wetzel said...

wow- happy to have found your gorgeous blog! Love your Easter cards! tfs!

Joycelyn Pelkey said...

Beautiful vintage Easter creation, Maria!!! THat flower is stunning!!

Julia Aston said...

what wonderful details on this pretty card! love the ribbon, the pin, shimmer and great vintage image!

Debbie said...

This is just stunning... Love all the detail. Funny about the E" never would have noticed that until like you it was all done. But it it still absoultely stunning

Hugs
Debbie

Lynda Benden said...

What a beautiful, vintage card Maria! Love the rolled flower, glitter and all your other wonderful details as well!

Cindy Haffner said...

TIMELESSLY GORGEOUS!!

Riet said...

What a wonderful card Maria,I love the image and your papers.

So gorgeous details.


Hugs Riet.xx

Tammy Hershberger said...

GORGEOUS Vintage creation, Maria!

Barbara said...

Gorgeous, Maria! Love that fabric flower!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

So pretty, you do vintage so well!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |