Thursday, April 21, 2011

Shabby Chic Thank You Card

Hello Friends! I've been feeling really lazy the past few days and didn't want to do anything today. I'm usually hustling and bustling doing things, crafting, cleaning, but today was not that sort of day. I don't like wasting my day so I decided to muster some mojo to create this card.

I was inspired to create a shabby chic card. I've been sort of moving away from "cute" cards towards more vintage and shabby chic inspired cards. I really love the soft colors and romantic images of shabby chic designs.

A lot the elements of my card are actually scraps that I collect after creating cards and projects. I rarely throw pieces away that are more than an inch long so you can imagine how many scraps I have. I don't like wasting anything.

I found a few free clip arts online a while back. Unfortunately I forgot to label the source when I downloaded the image. I'm always in a rush therefore sometimes I forget to do things that I should be doing. Just look up vintage bird images and you'll find a lot of free ones online.

I decided to mix a few elements on my card. . .ric rac, ribbon, seam binding, beads, etc.

I had created this rose style flowers by scrunching and layering my 5 petal Primas. I made a whole bunch of them so I have them available when I create a card or project.

I dyed the seam binding using my Stampin Up re-inker to dye it a pink shade and stuck a beaded pin to the bow. It's just a regular sewing pin and all I did was add a few beads to it.

My paper by the way is by DCWV. . .the stack is "Be Mine". This stack has pretty vintage and shabby chic designs. I love it.

I did work on a few beaded book markers but I'll post them tomorrow! That's it! I hope you all have a wonderful Thursday evening!

1 comment:

Happy Honu said...

I love the colors of your card. You are very inspiring, and you take pictures. Thanks for sharing, Happy Easter!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |