Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Sending You A Happy Card

Hey Friends! Happy Tuesday! I worked on this card yesterday! My goal was to use up a few of my left over scrapbook paper. I had fun making this card. I decided to create a card that's just stamping and no digital stuff. I haven't been sewing because I've been having a bit of an allergic reaction to new fabrics. I started developing hives whenever I sew. . .can you believe it? I have major allergies . . .I have a reaction to so many things. . pollen, dust, animal dander, lint, fabric, dyes, metals and some foods. I also have problems with some of my craft materials. . .now, isn't that a kicker or what!


I used my Unity stamps on this card. I really love their stamps. I have their Kit of the Month delivered to me each month because they're only $26 for a $45 set if you join their Kit of the Month program. The stamps are large and there's quite a variety in each set. I felt it was worth the cost. I also really like their designs. . .many are very shabby chic, whimsical, vintage, and romantic. The designs are also very flexible. . .they're great for altered projects and scrapbooking as well.

I stamped the flower image on to the cardstock then cut the flowers out and layered them. I topped the flower with a Prima flower.

The only area of the card I could think of putting the sentiment was at the lower corner of the card. I just simply stamped it directly on to the designer paper. Typically, I would stamp it on a card stock and layer it over the designer oaper but I thought the flower was already over powering so I wanted to keep the sentiment simple.

Anyway, I've been having fun rubber stamping . . .I've been sort of losing my mojo for stamping but lately, my stamping mojo have returned and I'm actually enjoying it! It think I'm going to head to my craft room today and concentrate on making cards! Looks like it's going to be a fun day!!!

Hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |