Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Digi Card Design



Happy Tuesday Friends! I decided to create another card using a digital scrapbook kit by Shabby Princess. The store's name is actually the Shabby Shoppe. . .if you want to buy their products. I love their kits and many are free! Yeah, I love free stuff! Anyway. ..I've been having fun using these digital images and such for my cards! I love how you can layer the images and create your own design. Hmmmm. . .maybe I can get into digi scrapbooking. I'm terrible doing it with the real stuff. . .I never have anything that matches but these digi kits should solve my problem.

One thing I've NEVER been is brand conscious. I don't care where my stuff is from or who makes them. . .if it's cute and I like it, it can come from the most obscure company and I'll use it. I never buy the latest and greatest (**cough**. .expensive) . .when I finally do buy something from a popular brand, well it's usually a year after its release and no longer the "hot" item but I still try to make it work somehow.
Anyway, I digressed. . .LOL! What was I talking about? Oh yeah, the digi scrapbook kit. Well, what I did was layer the striped paper design with the flower elements on Photoshop, then printed it. The kit that I used for this card was the Promise Kit, again from Shabby Princess. By the way, I'm not on their design team. . .I just found their site the other day while looking up free digi scrapbook kits in Google. Here is their blog. . .I love it. . :Click Here

I typed out the sentiment and layered it over the digital label and printed it on my computer. I wasn't in the mood to look for a stamp that would fit my label so I just created the sentiment myself. It was much faster to do it that way.

The flowers with the buttons look pretty real. . .but they're digi elements. The buttons with the flowers on top of it are real. . .I glued flower sequins on to the buttons just to jazz them up a bit.

Again. . I'm using the heart chipboard that I've been using the past few days. All I did was cut the heart using a Sizzix die, painted it with Making Memories acrylic paint and covered it with glitter. This is the last of a bunch that I made so you won't see the glittery heart until I'm in the mood to create more of them again. . LOL!

Last but not least, I created the bow with two ribbons and added the Prima flower. That's about it! Fun stuff!

Anyway, stop by Shabby Princess and check out their digital scrapbooking kits. . they're free for you to download!

That's it for today! Hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |