Sunday, February 4, 2007

Daily Special - Anything But Cards - Valentine Box

Lately I've been creating a lot of "Anything but Cards" items because I've been experimenting with different designs. Today's Daily Special is a Valentines box.

All three of the boxes are a little different from one another. The first one is my final modified version. The middle box was the first one that I made and my husband suggested that I change the window to a heart shape. The third box, after looking at it I felt the white scalloped edge need to be less wider and closer to the pink one. So. . .the first one is the best one in my opinion.

I'm making these boxes for my kids to give out to their friends for Valentines. I need to make 10 more of them. I'll do a tutorial on this box tomorrow. I did not follow a template or used an example. I came up with a formula to create boxes at any size as long as it can be accommodated by an 81/2 x 11 cardstock. I'll do the tutorial using the formula so you can also create these boxes at any size without ever having to use a template. It's easy. . .don't worry about it. You just need to know how to measure and add.

Box details:

Stamp Set: Loving Hearts
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Positively Pink, Whisper White
Ink: Bravo Burgundy, Positively Pink
Accessories: Coluzzule Cutting System in Oval and Heart Shape, Fiskar's large scallop edge template, Floral organdy ribbon, Hemp cord, Stampin Up small tag punch

Until later. . .

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Those are just too cute!! I'm looking forward to the instructions :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |