Sunday, August 19, 2007

Daily Special - Christmas In August


Hi Everyone! Just a last minute post before I go to bed. I wanted to post this card and tag in time for tomorrow's update. Blogger is giving me a hard time tonight. It refused to upload my pictures and it took over 5 attempts before the pictures would upload. I could have gone to bed earlier if it wasn't for Blogger acting up.


You can't really tell by the picture but the Christmas stocking is very glittery. I applied glue (repositional type of glue) directly on to the image and before the glue dried, I poured glitter over it. The green part of the image was heat embossed using Garden Green Craft ink and I applied clear embossing powder over it and heat embossed it. I filled in the image using Prismacolor Markers. The background was dry embossed using the CB embossing folder.


Here's the matching tag that I made for the card. Because Christmas is right around the corner, you'll be seeing more postings of Christmas cards throughout the next few months. Have you started on your Christmas cards already? You'd better get crackin'. . .before you know it, it'll be the holidays and you'll be staying up late at night trying to catch up on your Christmas cards!!





















Card Details:


Stamp set: Holiday Woodcuts, Flaky Friends (sentiment)

Paper: Real Red, Garden Green, Whisper White

Ink: Garden Green Craft Ink, Prismacolor Markers

Accessories: Santa's Workbench ribbon, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder (Snowflakes), Clear Glitter, Clear Embossing Powder, Ticket Corner Punch



1 comment:

mum-on-the-run said...

Great card Maria! Love the traditional Christmas colours!

I've been making a few Christmas Cards every now and again but I should really make more!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |