Sunday, May 18, 2008

Close To My Heart Liquid Glass and Flower Child

Hi Everyone! Sorry, I've been away for the past few days. I've been so busy with life in general. I really haven't been able to find the time to craft like I would like to or typically do. Arggghhh.

This weekend, my kids volunteered their time for the Key Club helping out a community auction to help raise money for the community choir.

For those who don't know what the Key club is about. . .well it stands for Kids Empowering Youths. . .a club that volunteers their time to the community. . .helping out the needy, the community, and various charities. My daughter will be president of the Key Club next year and she's currently the treasurer and my son is currently the vice president. I am so proud of them. . .

Anyway, this afternoon when I went down to pick them up from the local theater where the auction was held, I came across this dog. He was sitting in a basket on a scooter. LOL! Isn't he a cutie? I just came across him randomly and just took a picture of him.


I actually made this card a while ago. I posted it on my club blog site but I didn't have anything to post so I decided to post it here.

I had stamped the image on watercolor paper and colored it with markers and an aquapainter brush then added "CTMH Liquid Glass". . .it's similar to SU Crystal Effects. When it dries, it has an epoxy appearance to the image.

The stamp set is by CTMH called Flower Child. The sentiment is again CTMH. . .Solos C stamp set. The paper is by CTMH. . .Let's Get Together Level 2 Paper Packet.







Here is a close up of the image. You can't really see the Liquid Glass but it has a shiny 3D appearance to it.



Anyway, I hope I can get back to normal soon. I've been sort of going through a funk. . .
Until later, everyone!!

post signature

13 comments:

AnnMarie said...

Great card! Cute basket puppy too! Hope you are doing well! : )

dorism6220 said...

This dog should be wearing Snoopy glsses! (Went to the Snoopy store in Santa Rosa, CA yesterday and the find was the Snoopy glasses)

Ila said...

Fabulous card...love the colors, scallops and wonderful accents!!

Love that photo of the dog in the basket....Fantastic...looks like he is strapped in there too..at first I thought...."na that's a stuffed toy dog" till I saw the tongue..lol...TFS!!

Kim Burmeister said...

Awesome card! This set is so cute and your card even makes it cuter! Great job!

specialcraftmom4 said...

Cute card and dog (:

kathleenh said...

Cute card! I love those red brads. They look like red hots. Yum!

Rita said...

What a cute card...so different. I love the glass effect! This stamp is so adorable!!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Great card Maria! Love the cute image, the scallop edges... the tag... TFS!
Cute picture of the dog...

Rita said...

I forgot to mention that I love that dog, he's soooooo adorable!!! Thanks for sharing that picture with us.

grandmascraps said...

Maria, Do I see shoes on your dog??? How cute is he. I should introduce him to my "grand dogger" (see my blogsite) I have been away from the stamping blogs for awhile. I am trying to get caught up with all I have missed. I love your work so that is where I am starting.
Gail (www.grandmascraps.blogspot.com )

Risa said...

Very cute and I love the coloring!
Your pictures are so clear and I love the new look. I have to agree, that dog is adorable with the sunglasses on..too cute
malieta:)

CreativeMish said...

This card is so cute! I love the use of the liquid glass...

Anonymous said...

Great card and awesome photo :D Cracked me up!! You're so good with colors and your coloring is super nice!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |