Thursday, May 8, 2008

My Mini Album Needs to Go on A Diet - Bind-it-All Project

Hi Everyone!! Remember yesterday I mentioned on my post that I had gone to Goodwill and found a bunch of new and used craft stuff. Well, I found these mini file dividers at Goodwill which was in a ziplock bag for a $1.00. These usually run about $3.99 or more for 50 when bought new and there were at least a hundred in this ziplock bag.

Anyway, I decided to pull out my Bind-it-all which I have not used since I bought it over 6 months ago and create a mini album using the file dividers. The file dividers measure 3 x6".

Scroll down to read on what not to do when creating a mini album.





This is the front of the mini album that matches my Tupperware Coaster album that I posted on "Card Inspired" . . .another altered item that I found at Goodwill. . .go check it out!!

The paper I used was from ADT, the prima flowers are by DejaView, the button by CTMH, the stickers by Cloud 9 Design, and the ribbons by Making Memories.











Project Tip:

When creating a mini album using the Bind-it-All, keep in mind the amount of pages you insert, as well as the potential bulk to your album.

I used a 1/2" O-wires which looked perfectly fine and laid the album flat before I added the pictures and the embellishments.

You're going to laugh but there's a total of over 16 pages to this mini album that I created - 36 front and back, 32 pictures, and lots and lots of prima flowers.

Well. . .after I added the pictures and embellishments, my once flat mini album became a very, very plump cat!! LOL! So plump that it can't close flat and needs to definitely go on a diet!!

If I had thought about it in advance, I would have used a larger O-wire . .more like 1" and I believe it would have laid nice and flat or I should have added less pages. Arrrgghhh!!! Okay. . .don't add 16 pages to your mini album!! LOL!

Anyway, the pictures are of a family wedding and family get together that we had in Hawaii.

These 2 pages are of a picture of my aunt and cousins.

My kids were in the wedding party.




My daughter was one of the bride's maid.






Here are pictures of my daughter and her cousins! Boy, I really miss all of them. When I think of Hawaii. . .I think about all the parties that we're missing out on and seeing all of my family and friends. Whaaaa!!


post signature

21 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

this is fantastic, and would make such wonderful gifts.

Rita said...

Your too funny! I luv this book, soo pretty!

The first baby album I did for my daughter I ended up putting in too many pages & learned my lesson so that when I did my sons baby album I put in fewer pages. These were regular CM 12x12 albums! We all learn from our mistakes.

CreativeMish said...

Great Idea for a mini book! I love the colors you chose!

CreativeMish said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elaine said...

Maria!! That is the greatest little mini album ever! How did you gt the flowers printed? Did they come that way or did you do it? It's the perfect embelli and the whole thing is so dang adorable!

Risa said...

I can that you have been busy creating and "boy-o-boy" this mini-album is so cute!!! Your work is so polished and I love the flowers. What kind of Prima's are they?
malieta:)

kathleenh said...

Your album is beautiful! I love all of the papers and primas. Thanks for the tips on the bind-it-all. I have only used mine once. There must be a learning curve.

Dawn Easton said...

Oh Maria, I'm laughing at your book needing to go on a diet! What a hoot!
It's a wonderful book...FANTASTIC idea...wow!
I love my BIA too but don't use it often enough...thank you soooooooooo much for the inspiration!

Karen W said...

Wow, this is absolutely stunning and gorgeous!!

2 Worlds said...

Great mini, I didnt know they have mini folder at the office store, I've never seen them, I have to look better I have some from club scrap.
beautiful mini

Elaine said...

Maria,
I want to thank you for the fun package you sent!! YOU ROCK girlfriend! Thank you again and again!! I can't wait to play with all the fab goodies! So glad it came on Friday so I can have the whole weekend to make something! :)
Hugs and many thanks!!!
Elaine

Becky G said...

This is wonderful, Maria! I love all the beautiful colors. I think I'm gonna try and make my mom one of these! Thanks for the inpiration.

Theresa said...

LOL, what scrapbooker doesn't overstuff and album once in a while? What beautiful photos! The album is very pretty.
Theresa
http://goingscrapbooky.blogspot.com

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Gorgeous!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Looks great Maria! You did an waesome job altering the files. Love the colors... the flowers... TFS!

Cel said...

This mini album is beautiful!
Thank you

Cel said...

This mini album is beautiful!
Thank you

Michelle Pearson said...

This is so neat....what a treasure!
Love all of the flowers and your fresh color combo!

L.A. said...

What a wonderful mini-album! Sounds like you lucked out with the file dividers at Goodwill.

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

LOVE how the flowers stick out! Gorgeous colour combo too. You ROCK!

AnnMarie said...

Hiya Maria! This album is gorgeous!! I LOVE it! Such pretty pictures too! Super nice job! : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |