Saturday, July 5, 2008

Baby Card with a Little Glitter


Hi Everyone! I had colored this image a while ago. . .I had stamped the image twice, colored it, and a few weeks ago made a card with the other image. I think I colored the other one pink. I decided to save the boy version of this image and I finally pulled it out to make a card.

I added Stickles to the moon and star to give it a little bling! I love bling. It's such an easy way to make an image stand out a little bit.

I believe this SU stamp is from the "Announcement" stamp set but don't quote me. I've already put the set away so I don't know what the name of the set is. Like the previous card that I posted, I decided to create my own background.
I have a lot of little stamps meant to be used to create the background of your cards and I don't often use them because I have a tendency to go the easy route and use a designer paper. You have to admit designer papers are so much faster than creating your background. . .you know, just cut them and slap them on.

But. . .I'm getting a little tired of using them for all my cards. Besides,it was fun creating my own background.

The other element to my card was that I added a metallic star charm which can't really be seen because the shadow sort of hid it with the picture above.

I also used yarn to attach the charm rather than hemp cord. I think using yarn for baby cards fits nicely with the baby theme. Don't you think?







Card Details:

Stamp: SU Announcements (I think)
Paper: SU Yoyo Yellow, Tempting Turquoise
Ink: Copic Markers, SU Tempting Turquoise, Sakura Souffle Opaque pen.
Accessories: JoAnn Scrap Essentials, Grosgrain ribbons, yarn, Fiskar scallop scissors, Stickles, SU Slit Punch









9 comments:

Sue from Oregon said...

What a sweet card! Love the glitter!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Super cute card Maria! Love the image, your cloring, the ribbons and the hanging star... TFS!

Kim Burmeister said...

Very cute! I love the glitter and all the detail. Great job!

Juliana said...

What a SWEET card!!
I love the stamped background!
The main image is so sweet and sweetly colored!

Michelle Pearson said...

I still love that image....it's so adorable glittered up! So sweet!!

Diane said...

Very pretty Maria,love the way you did the ribbon!!

wandykj said...

This is simply adorable!:) Such a cute baby card for that expectant mother! I agree the stickles brings out that special "bling".

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Awww! Ultra cute! What a sweet stamp & colour combo. Love the glitter and the way you added the star with the yarn. TOO precious! :0)

Sankari W. said...

Dear Maria,
Your card is just so precious! I know what you mean about taking the easy route with the DP instead of making your own background. I love the way you did your background with the stars that ties in with the sentiment's moon image - very sweet. Thanks for the inspiration to create my own background paper :)
I am still getting unpacked from our trip back to Iowa - so I have no idea where anything is anymore. How is it already Thursday? crazy how days melt together when you have been sick... anyhow - Maria - Its always a pleasure to visit your blog and see your beautiful creations! They are all just lovely, each and everyone of them!!!
Hope this message finds you in happiness :)
Best wishes,
Sankari

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Share |